January 17, 2011

Introducing photographer and artist, Leslie Shewring…

The exceptionally gifted lady behind the beautiful images of the flowers in today’s post is Leslie Shewring.  I ‘met’ Leslie online last autumn when she was co-teaching Holly Becker at Decor8’s Blogging Your Way (BYW) course.

I am sure you’ll agree that her photography is absolutely stunning.  The images below are taken from her blog, a creative mint.

Leslie, originally from Canada but now living in the Los Angeles area, started her blog in April 2009.  As well as creating posts for a creative mint, she is also a columnist on the Decor8 blog and creates a monthly colour story called ‘Color Me Pretty’.

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s just something very special about Leslie’s photos.  I think it’s because her style is so original, plus I love the colour combinations and the use of different textures and materials.

Her lessons on the BYW course inspired me so much that I’m now planning on learning more about photography this year, to help me to capture images of flowers for my blog.  So, equipped with my new camera, I’ll be taking part in a three day beginner’s digital photography course next month.

If you’d like to follow Leslie’s blog which, as well as photos of flowers, show her inspirational colour mood boards, you can sign up to receive her blog posts via email, as I’ve done.  It’s such a treat when a new post arrives in your inbox.

And in the future, if I can capture just a little of her photography style in my own work, I’ll be absolutely delighted!

I’d love to know what you think about Leslie’s photographs…

(Images : a creative mint)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 Comments

• Carole says:

You are so right Rona, Leslie’s photographs are totally inspiring.
    Good luck with the course, I look forward to seeing the results!
    Lots of love,
    Carole

• Rona says:

Thank you Carole! Leslie’s inspirational and cheery photos are definitely what we need to brighten up this dark rainy Monday morning!

• Marta says:

It’s a pity I’m living in Spain , so I can’t go to the course. I’ll follow her by her blog. Thanks for all the information you write on your blog, Marta

• Rona says:

Hi Marta…but you can go on the Decor8 BYW course, because it’s conducted online. I don’t know when the next one is, however if you sign up for the BYW newsletter at http://decor8blog.com/byw-newsletter/, you’ll be informed when Holly’s running one again. 🙂 Really pleased that you’re enjoying reading my blog.

• leslie says:

Hi Rona,
    Thank you for such a lovely post! I am flattered by your kind words and appreciate them very much. I look forward to seeing your photography!
    Take care,
    Leslie

• Rona says:

Hi Leslie
      Thank you so much for popping by and your comment. You’re very welcome! I’m really looking forward to the photography course…not long to go now!
      Best wishes
      Rona

• Hi Rona,
    We all love Leslie’s work! It is wonderful in colour and creativity!
    It is so nice to see you up and running. Love following your blog.
    Warm regards,
    Ingrid xx

• Rona says:

Thank you Ingrid! There are all beautiful photographs from Leslie, aren’t they? I’m so pleased to hear that you’re enjoying reading my blog.

• Anna says:

Lovely photos. I’m a 1/3 of my way through my City & Guilds Level 2 in Floristry and lovely to have found a blog on the subject to help with inspiration. Its also great to get tips drip-fed to me (as its easier to retain information that way!!). Lovely site.

• Rona says:

Hi Anna

Great to meet you and thank you so much for your lovely comments. Good luck with the rest of your floristry course.

Kind regards
      Rona

• Laura says:

Leslie has such a fresh style to an old idea. Always bright and cheery 😉 xOL