Flowerona reflects: beaches & bloggers
Out & about
I travelled down to the South Devon coast to celebrate a friend’s birthday. We all had a wonderful time and one of the highlights for me was our walk along the beach on Sunday morning.
Apart from nipping out to a pilates class, I spent the whole day at home catching up on emails and writing blog posts.
Also, put together a draft of my ‘Blooming lovely!‘ column for Wedding Flowers magazine and contacted contributors for copy and images.
Received some beautiful scented narcissi from Scilly Flowers. I was so impressed by the way they were carefully packaged.
Also put together a Flowerona mood board for my homework as part of Fiona Humberstone’s Branding Masterclass which I’m taking part in. You can see it below…
I’ll be blogging about it on Monday, so for now, all I’ll say is that it involved the Blue Peter gardener and lots of very cute children…
Then I had a lovely lunch with some florists, followed by my freelance writing course.
In the evening, I met up with photographer Helen Jermyn for a bite to eat a fabulous Italian restaurant called Numero Uno, near Clapham Junction. It was lovely to hear all Helen’s news and chat about flowers, gardens and photography.
An office day…spent catching up on emails and writing blog posts.
Dealt with emails before travelling to Olympia for The National Wedding Show.
I took lots of photos of the florists’ stands in the Designer Flower Zone which I’ll be blogging about soon.
And lovely to see Sam and Laurel from Smith & Monger who are doing the PR for the show, which runs until Sunday.
- Wedding Flowers magazine
- Rox’s album, Memoirs
- Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured Beautiful glassware by Maggie Williams.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful blog post about one of my favourite flowers – the ranunculus
- Gorgeous flowers on the Love My Dress blog – Art Nouveau 1930s Meet Vibrant 1950s
- Fabulous photo shoot featuring pretty pink flowers by Fairy Nuff Flowers & Marianne Taylor
- Stunning floral dress from McQueen via Flower Appreciation Society
- Top 100+ wedding blogs via Bride Tide
- Stunning white & deep burgundy wedding flowers via Style Me Pretty
- Great article from Brides Magazine re What Wedding Flowers Really Cost
So, I hope you’ve had a great week too…and I look forward to seeing you on Monday.