I hope you’ve had a great week…
Twitter has been buzzing with tweets about the RHS Chelsea Flower Show which takes place next week. It’s such a great way for everyone to share their experiences during the build-up to the show.
There have been quite a few videos too. On the RHS Chelsea Flower Show website, you’ll find videos from garden designers Jo Thompson, Andy Sturgeon, Arne Maynard, Chris Beardshaw and Show Manager, Alex Denman…documenting the last couple of weeks. So, do pop over and take a look.
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
Monday & Tuesday
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
Signed up for Holly Becker from Decor8′s Blogging Your Way 2.0 course. I took the first version of this online class in October 2010 and found it so useful. Here’s Holly below…
I don’t know if you remember that I attended the RHS Conference ‘Horticulture: A Career to be Proud Of’ last month? Here’s a blog post about the day.
Well, whilst I was there, I was interviewed and on Wednesday, I was sent a link to a short video about the event. I’m very flattered to be included in it…
Wrote a draft for a magazine article, blog posts and dealt with emails.
Booked on to a networking event being run by Stylist Magazine. Looks like it’ll be an amazing evening with a panel of female entrepreneurs including:
- Isabelle Palmer of The Balcony Gardener
- Nikki Tibbles of Wild at Heart
- Romy Fraser, founder of Neal’s Yard Remedies
- Garden designer Kate Gould
- Sophie Cornish, founder of notonthehighstreet.com
Then, in the afternoon, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show press releases
- Garden Media Guild Magazine
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was Flowers (and trees!) for Kate and William’s wedding day…, which I wrote last April. Not sure why it’s so sought after this week…
New blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Garden Shop Launch Event at Petersham Nurseries in Richmond
- Introducing photographer, Clive Nichols…
- Wedding Flowers course at the Judith Blacklock Flower School
- Interview with garden coach, Valerie McBride-Munro…Auntie Planty
- Floral highlights from the Spirit of Summer Fair 2012
- Floral arrangements designed by Mood Flowers for the Women of Influence Awards 2012
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured floral-inspired fabrics and wallpapers by Maggie Levien for John Lewis.
New magazine column
I’m delighted to announce that I have a new column for The Flower Arranger magazine. And it’s in their new Summer 2012 issue:
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Stunning cobalt blue & plum wedding shoot via Every Last Detail
- Beautiful new floral fabric collection from Bluebellgray available online
- Take a look behind the scenes in the build up to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Video showing creation of Stylist Magazine’s floral cover for Chelsea week
- A day in the life of Chelsea Show Manager, Alex Denman
- Beautiful Celebrating Spring Bouquet by Lauryl Lane
- Lovely blog post about the Language of Flowers via Grey Likes Weddings
- Pretty peony wedding bouquet via Wedding Chicks
So, I’ll be back later today with a blog post about the Chelsea Fringe and next week, Flowerona will be dedicated to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and see you on Monday, when I’ll be up at the crack of dawn to attend the RHS Chelsea Flower Show Press Day, which I’m so looking forward to…
P.S. On BBC1 on Sunday at 5pm is the first TV programme about the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012.