Flowerona reflects: plates & pieris
I hope you’ve had a lovely week. Summer flowers are starting to appear in our florist shops and it’s so lovely to see astrantia, hydrangeas and clematis on display.
Admittedly, the image above predominantly features ranunculus, but I saw it on the Style Me Pretty blog and couldn’t resist sharing it with you.
Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last seven days…
Out & about
My brother, his wife and two little sons came to stay over the weekend. Early on Saturday morning, we went to Claremont Landscape Garden, followed by a theatre show and then a lovely evening in.
They left on Sunday and in the afternoon we went to our belated Jubilee street party…a great chance to meet up with our neighbours. And we were so lucky with the weather.
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails. Plus arranged some meetings and logged on to the Blogging Your Way course.
Went to Royal Ascot…no flowers to report, apart from on beautiful dresses and hats which some of the ladies were wearing there.
I wore this floral prom dress from M&Co, which is now reduced in the sale. I jazzed it up with a wide patent leather black belt and cardigan from LK Bennett.
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails. Logged on to blogging course.
In the morning, I went to the Medicine Garden in Cobham and met up with a lady who’s also on the same blogging course. It was lovely to share our stories about our blogging journey…
If you live in the area, do pop in to the Medicine Garden. They’ve recently moved the cafe into a beautiful old Victorian hothouse.
Whilst having a coffee there, I noticed some stunning floral artwork. So I asked for the contact details of the artist and will be contacting them very shortly.
In the afternoon, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails. Plus sent emails to potential contributors for a magazine article.
I also updated my About page on Flowerona as part of the blogging course homework.
In the morning, I went to the Zita Elze Design Academy in Kew and met Zita, a florist I’ve featured on Flowerona before. It was so lovely to meet her after all this time.
I also met one of her students who has just completed a four week course at the academy and I saw her stunning wedding flower designs. I’ll be featuring lots of photos on Flowerona in a couple of weeks’ time.
Later that day, Zita was flying out to Singapore to represent the UK at the Singapore Garden Festival.
In the afternoon, I dealt with emails and wrote blog posts. Plus logged on to the blogging course.
- Gardener’s World magazine
- Blogging Your Way class notes
- Rumer’s album, Seasons of my Soul
- Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
For the second week running, the most popular blog post this week was Jane Packer’s Victory Bouquet for medal winners at the London Olympics 2012.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Beautiful floral finds at the Laura Ashley Autumn/Winter 2012 Press Show
- Introducing photographer, Sabina Rüber…
- Wedding Brochure Photo Shoot at BMA House in London
- Floral-inspired hats & fascinators … both luxury & budget options
- Introducing artist, Louise Gardiner…
- Beautiful summer bouquets from Jane Packer Delivered
- Friday Flowers : Sweet Williams for the weekend…
- Interview with Ellie Jauncey of The Flower Appreciation Society
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured Beautiful floral inspired enamel homeware from Buddug.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful bouquet by William Clarke Flowers
- Florist Nikki Tibbles launches new wedding blog
- Gorgeous floral designs created by By Appointment Only Design
- Candy coloured & pastel wedding flowers via Style Me Pretty
- Ideas of how to use pieris in floral arrangements via Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Stunningly decorated glasshouse by Thierry Boutemy
- Beautiful wedding blooms in shades of peach & sage with lemons & succulents
- Wonderful floral adorned dresses for Alexander McQueen AW12
- Adore these beautiful cornflowers which I spotted in Zita Elze’s shop
So, I hope you’ve had a great week and I look forward to seeing you on Monday…