Flowerona reflects: dresses & daisies
I’ve had a couple of ‘light bulb’ moments which I need to plan and put into place. And I’ve also been enjoying the beautiful seasonal flowers around at the moment, like these pastel stocks above.
Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last seven days…
Out & about
Last weekend, my mum came to stay and on Sunday, we went to our nephew’s christening. I was delighted to become his godmother…and he’s such a cutie!
Afterwards, we all went back to my brother’s house and had a really lovely afternoon…
Highlights from the rest of the week include:
- Meeting up with fabulous bloggers, including the Heart Home magazine team, at the dbcollective evening
- Receiving some beautiful flowers from That Flower Shop.
- Visiting a local art gallery (which I’ll blog about soon).
- Flowerona being mentioned in a MyDeco blog post.
- Meeting up with some local business ladies, as one of them is moving away from the area. So lovely to see everyone and hear their news. And I was really touched about how supportive and encouraging they were about Flowerona.
Reading…Red magazine and Waitrose weekend newspaper.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Beautiful floral dresses created by Joe Massie for the Chic Summer Festival at Kildare Village’.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Introducing photographer, Jacky Parker…
- Professional florists…providing flowers for a charity ball?
- Sir David Attenborough…a floral impression by florist Joe Massie
- Wedding Design Course at the Zita Elze Design Academy
- A peek into Zita Elze’s beautiful florist shop in Kew…
- Stunning Flower Constructions by Anne Ten Donkelaar
- Interview with Fran Bailey of The Fresh Flower Company
- Gorgeous floral-inspired greeting cards by artist Jayne Ward
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Colourful floral-inspired paintings by Daisy Skye’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Such beautiful wedding flowers by Philippa Craddock
- Wedding inspired by Downton Abbey via Every Last Detail
- Love this floral-inspired t-shirt by Erdem, designed for charity
- Stunning wedding blooms featuring peonies in this shoot for Style Me Pretty
- Beautiful floral painting by Nicky Chubb at The Art Agency
- Top 100 Wedding Blogs according to UK.Wed.com
- A very pretty pastel wedding bouquet via Hey Gorgeous
So I hope you have a lovely weekend…and crossed fingers, it looks like we may be seeing some sunshine here in the south east of the UK.
P.S. The peony season is coming to an end, so if you’d like to enjoy these gorgeous flowers, make sure you buy some soon, before it’s too late….
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Joe Massie, Daisy Skye)