Flowerona reflects: weddings & wallpaper
Out & about
Last Saturday, I went to a local garden centre called Garsons to buy some violas and noticed these stunning pink dahlias above in their farm shop.
On Sunday, as it was such a beautiful sunny day, Matt and I went to RHS Garden Wisley for a walk.
And I just happened to also take along my camera as I needed to photograph flowers for my monthly post for Sarah Raven’s blog, Garlic & Sapphire, which I’ve been writing this week.
This time, I didn’t take my camera along, so all the shots were taken on my iPhone.
I had such a wonderful time…met some great people and picked up a few nuggets of helpful advice from some of the guests about furthering my freelance writing career.
Later that day, I took the tube to the King’s Road to attend another birthday party…this time it was the turn of the Laura Ashley blog, which was celebrating its first birthday.
There were gorgeous flower arrangements from florist Wild at Heart which included dahlias, roses and chrysanthemums, with silver waxflower to add a touch of sparkle.
As well as enjoying a fabulous acoustic set from Liz Lawrence and delicious brownies and lavender earl grey tea from Vintage Patisserie, we were also able to peruse Laura Ashley’s gifts for this Christmas.
Thursday and Friday, I needed to catch up on everything…blog posts, emails, tweets, etc…so spent most of the time at home. And I’ve still got a long way to go!
It was a week when I felt particularly fortunate to be in the position that I am currently…writing a blog that I love, spending time with such amazing people and starting (albeit slowly…) to see a financial return on all my hard work.
Listening to…Glassheart by Leona Lewis & Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
Back at the No.1 spot for most popular blog post of the week was ‘Gypsophila aka Baby’s Breath is back in fashion, especially for wedding flowers…’
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Interview with Bex Morgan of Blush Floral Design
- Attending a wonderful gardening workshop at Clifton Nurseries in London
- Wildabout at the National Wedding Show
- Elizabeth Marsh Floral Design at the National Wedding Show
- Interview with Toria Britten of Flowers from the Plot
- Win tickets to the Spirit of Christmas fair in London
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Floral-inspired wallpapers from Nina Campbell’s new Woodsford Autumn 2012 Collection’.
Wedding Flowers magazine
The November/December issue of Wedding Flowers magazine is now on sale featuring my last ‘Blooming Lovely’ column.
A new UK magazine called Homemaker is now on sale, in which I’ve commented about festive flowers.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Gorgeous Halloween bouquet created by Wildabout via Juliet McKee
- Wonderful purple & pink wedding blooms by Emma Lappin
- At home with florist Vic Brotherson of Scarlet & Violet
- Stunning vibrant bridal blooms by Bows & Arrows
- A wonderful interview with Brussels based florist Thierry Boutemy
- Beautiful floral heart from Fairynuff Flowers
- The ‘just-picked’ look at a Cornish wedding
- Exquisite colour palette of blooms via Robbie Honey
- Very informative radio programme about UK Flower Growers
So, as you can see, it’s been a pretty hectic week! I hope you have a lovely weekend…