Flowerona reflects: poppies & presents
I hope you’ve had a great week. I’ve been in and out of the office, attending a fair and press show…and snapping away using Instagram on my iPhone.
Out & about
On Monday and Tuesday, I spent most of the time at home working on two magazine articles, writing blog posts and dealing with emails. And both nights I worked until late as I knew it was going to be a busy week…
On Wednesday, I went to the Spirit of Christmas fair at Olympia. It’s on until tomorrow, so there’s still time to visit.
In the morning, I attended a wonderful floristry demo by Simon Lycett, which I’ll be blogging about shortly.
It was great to catch up with Simon and hear all his news. The night before he and his team had arranged flowers for a gala Diamond Jubilee celebration at the Royal Opera House, which the Queen had attended!
And thank you Simon for the tip-off about the cute crocheted poppies which were on sale there in aid of The Poppy Appeal…
Normally, when I visit a fair, it’s to get inspiration for Flowerona and for articles. But this time, I also came home with some lovely Christmas presents!
At 5pm, my husband Matt and I went for our postponed birthday afternoon tea at Claridges.
When we approached our table, I was completely lost for words on seeing the beautiful present below, a bouquet from McQueens at Claridges.
It really made what was already a special afternoon, even more so.
We had such a lovely time…delicious food (including this very apt dessert), great service and a wonderful atmosphere.
On Thursday, I went to the Cath Kidston Spring/Summer 2013 Press Day. They have some beautiful new products planned for next year, which I’ll be blogging about shortly.
In the meantime though, I thought I’d share this pretty new floral and check print with you…
They also feature in the first photo in today’s blog post…a perfect way to brighten up your desk!
And walking down Regent’s Street, I spotted more flowers…this time adorning the doors and walls at Desigual…very eye-catching!
That evening, we went to a Private Cellar wine tasting at Middle Temple and had a lovely evening.
Friday, apart from escaping to the gym for a Zumba class, was a catch-up day…writing blog posts and dealing with emails.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was my ‘Interview with florist Benjamina Fedaraviciute of InDeco’.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona were:
- Poinsettia Christmas table design by florist Paula Pryke
- Philippa Craddock’s stunning exhibit at the Designer Wedding Show
- Beautiful images from the RHS Photographic Competition 2012
- Garden Flowers: Violas…such dainty winter blooms
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Lovely botanical-inspired prints from Freya Art and Design.’
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful Advent shoot styled by Dietlind Wolf
- Gorgeous ombre wedding flowers in shades of peach & orange
- 25 Stunning Wedding Centerpieces via Belle the Magazine
- Pretty pastel coral peonies by Sarah Winward
- Wonderful pastel wedding blooms with dusty miller foliage
- Video of a table installation created by McQueens at the Connaught Hotel
- Bouquets featuring scabiosa pods via Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Stunning pink floral designs featuring ranunculus, roses & dahlias
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend…
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Freya Art & Design)