Flowerona reflects: waxflower & workshops
I thought I’d start off this week’s Flowerona reflects blog post with one of my favourite flowers…the ranunculus.
I shot this picture on the Bloomfield stand when I was at New Covent Garden Flower Market earlier this month. Aren’t they just stunning? And such a gorgeous colour…
Out & about
On Saturday, I went to Blogfest in London, a blogging conference run by Mumsnet.
For me, the highlights were a presentation on social media and the opportunity to speak to an expert from Google.
On Sunday, Matt and I went to see the new James Bond film, Skyfall. If you’ve not seen it yet, I highly recommend it…non-stop action and of course, the delectable Mr. Craig.
I was up at 5.30am (!) to go to Sunbury Antiques Market with my sister-in-law. I’ve been meaning to go for ages, as I’d heard so much about it…and I wasn’t disappointed.
Thankfully, we had lots of advice from Fiona Humberstone and it was lovely to meet up with her there too.
I was on the look-out for some bedside tables for our guest bedroom, but also wanted a general look around…and I was totally in awe of the number of stallholders. Over 700!
It really was a lot to take in at 7.00am in the morning. So much so, that I forgot to take any photos! But I’m sure I’ll be going back again, so will take some then.
I came away with a lovely vintage coat rack and a book about garden flowers which was published the same year I was born.
Here’s a snapshot of the Christmas table which the owners June and Bernadette styled for the event….such a simple, yet effective, idea…using waxflower as a napkin decoration.
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
The last three days of the week were mostly stay-at-home days, apart from visits to the gym, dentist, post office and supermarket.
I wrote blog posts, dealt with emails and created a draft page for a magazine article for next spring. And I had a lovely telephone interview with a floristry student for a project she’s working on.
Listening to…Swing When You’re Winning by Robbie Williams & Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Introducing cake designer Maha Muhammed of Arty Cakes…’
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Poinsettia Christmas table design by florist Ian Lloyd – White Christmas
- Amanda Austin’s stand at the Designer Wedding Show
- Holly Becker from Decor8 – Book Launch at Anthropologie in London
- Crafternoon Tea workshop with Jay Archer at Fetcham Park
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured a ‘Beautiful new Flower Colour collection of vases from LSA International’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- 25 Stunning Wedding Bouquets via Belle the Magazine
- Prepare to be wowed by these amazing floral designs made by Wild at Heart
- Black & pink Malibu wedding featuring stunning floral designs
- Gorgeous autumnal flowers in stylist Selina Lake’s shoot
- Beautiful white wedding flowers featuring peonies & lily of the valley
- Love this Monochrome Floral Print Silk Dress from Laura Ashley
- Great blog post about hydrangeas used as in wedding flower designs
- Never give up on your dreams…an inspirational blog post
- Wedding Flower Inspiration: Ranunculus
- Stunning images of florist Wildabout’s beautiful new Christmas collection
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend…
P.S. If you’d like to see the Instagram images that I take on my iPhone when I’m out and about, they’re now viewable online. Simply click here.
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, LSA International)