Flowerona reflects: amaryllis & arrangements
I hope you’ve had a lovely week. Only a few days now until Christmas Day!
Here’s what I’ve been up…
Out & about
Saturday & Sunday
Last Saturday and Sunday, I was very privileged to be invited by Javier and Tony of By Appointment Only Design to shadow them…and what an amazing experience!
On Saturday morning, I went with them to a client’s house to refresh some Christmas floral arrangements for a party that evening. Then I spent the afternoon making up hand-tied bouquets for a wedding the next day.
The Instagram photos in this blog post are of the beautiful wedding flowers…
On the Sunday morning, I helped Tony and the freelance florists decorate a chuppah in a synagogue in north London, which you can see below.
Then I spent the rest of the day, watching, taking notes and photos as the By Appointment Only Design team styled one of the stunning banqueting rooms and a private room at The Savoy for the wedding.
I’m so looking forward to sharing the photos with you when I blog about it!
Monday & Tuesday
They were mainly ‘stay-at-home’ days. On Tuesday, my friend Lisa Cox came round. We spent the afternoon stock-taking each other’s blogs and discussing new ideas for 2013.
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Mostly ‘stay at home’ days…writing and scheduling blog posts for this and next week, dealing with emails, writing my guest blog post for Garlic & Sapphire and submitting feature ideas to magazines.
On Friday, I scheduled all my blog posts for next week. So, even though I’ll be taking a few days off, there will still be new content on Flowerona every day over the festive period.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was, for the third week running, ’Beautiful Christmas arrangements from Jane Packer Delivered‘ from last year.
The blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Introducing photographer, Julie Davenport…
- Simon Lycett floristry demo at the Spirit of Christmas Fair : Part 1
- Simon Lycett floristry demo at the Spirit of Christmas Fair : Part 2
- Wedding Flowers Inspiration : Celebrity Weddings in 2012
- Orchid graffiti is adorning the streets of East London this month
- Interview with Amanda Fawzi of The Country Garden Company
- Beautiful Christmas flowers & plants from Marks & Spencer
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful floral paintings by Kate Toms’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful blog post about including amaryllis in your wedding flowers
- Vintage Poster – The Flowers by Lucia Pearce from Pedlars
- Colourful wedding blooms captured by Catherine Mead via Style Me Pretty
- Love this floral Monica dress from Joules…
- Beautiful bouquet featuring white ranunculus & peonies
- A lovely insight into this florist shop in Sydney called Aleksandra Flowers
- 25 Gorgeous Wedding Bouquets via Belle the Magazine
- Such a lovely video from The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
- Stunning pale pink & white wedding flowers via Style Me Pretty
- Festive table arrangement by Wild at Heart via Laura Ashley blog
- Wild Narnia meets Secret Garden shoot with flowers by The Flower Fairies
So I hope you have a lovely weekend!
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Kate Toms)