Flowerona Reflects: crocuses & catwalks
But at least we’re starting to see little purple, yellow and white crocuses being brave enough to bloom!
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Mainly stay-at-home days…wrote blog posts, edited images, dealt with emails, wrote a magazine article and my guest post for Sarah Raven’s blog. Plus spent time on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
On Wednesday, I set up a new Flowerona Guest Board on Pinterest (the one on the far right below). The next day, people were starting to pin images of their floral designs onto it…which is so exciting!
If you would like to inspire others by sharing your floral designs on the Flowerona Guest Board, simply ask to be added by leaving a message on my Facebook timeline with details of your Pinterest username.
On Friday, I wasn’t feeling tip-top as I’d come down with a lovely cold.
But I wrapped up to brave the elements and travelled into London to visit the National Wedding Show at Olympic in London.
And I was so pleased that I went. Not only was there a fabulous catwalk show…
…but it was also lovely to meet up with the florists who were exhibiting there, meet some new people and see old acquaintances.
I took photos of the florists’ stands and here’s a little peek of a stunning floral arrangement by Jayne Copperwaite.
Blog posts this week on Flowerona
My blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Floriculture – Flowers, Love and Money : Images from the Private View
- Beautiful floral portrait of William & Kate by floral designer Joseph Massie
- Interview with Penny, Rebecca & Marion : The Garden Gate Flower Co
- Stunning floral-inspired wedding cakes from cake designer Rosalind Miller
- Spoonful…a creative passion-filled little book, with lots of beautiful blooms!
- Win tickets to the Country Living Magazine Spring Fair in London
- Interview with Jenny Stone of Jenny Rose Flowers
- Paula Pryke will be holding 2 floristry demonstrations in Guildford this March
The most popular blog post this week was one I wrote in 2011! Lisianthus – often mistaken for a rose or peony.
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Floral-inspired tableware by Tea with Bea‘.
So, I hope you have a lovely Saturday. See you tomorrow for Flowerona Links…