Firstly, I would like to say a huge ‘Thank You’ to everyone who has read Flowerona this year.
In January, I achieved my highest ever monthly page views since I started the blog back in December 2010…and I’m really thrilled!
Thank you so much for all your support.
On Monday, I was up at 4.50am as I needed to go to New Covent Garden Flower Market to take photos and make notes for my first monthly Flower Market Report.
I spotted the beautifully scented ‘Paper White’ narcissi above and bought these stunning purple anemones below.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
All were mainly stay-at-home days…editing images, writing blog posts and dealing with emails.
I popped out to the gym for Zumba and Pilates classes, plus met up with friends one afternoon for a cuppa and home-made chocolate brownies.
Below you can see how the anemones looked in bloom later in the week. The texture of their petals reminds me of velvet…
Blog posts this week on Flowerona
My blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Interview with Susanne Hatwood of The Blue Carrot
- Floriculture : An exhibition at The Garden Museum
- 10 Beautiful blush wedding bouquets – Part 1
- Introducing garden designer, James Alexander-Sinclair…
- Valentine’s Day Bouquets 2013 : Part 1 – Jane Packer
- Valentine’s Day Bouquets 2013 : Part 2 – Rebel Rebel
- Valentine’s Day Bouquets 2013 : Part 3 – Wild at Heart
The most popular blog post this week was the same as last week…‘Stunning floral ‘hairdressing’ by Japanese artist Takaya Hanayuishi’.
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured the ‘New Rose Collection from Sophie Allport‘.
So, I hope you have a lovely Saturday. I’ll be back tomorrow with Flowerona Links, my new blog post series which is proving to be very popular!
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Sophie Allport)