8 Top Tips on Making your Floristry Business Irresistible
Or are you setting up your new business and in need of guidance on where to start with your branding?
Ahead of our Branding for Florists workshop on September 13th, I’ve asked my workshop co-host Fiona Humberstone, The Brand Stylist, to put together her top tips on making your floristry business irresistible…
1. Be distinctive. Celebrate your unique floral style. Be bold and only show the work you’re stupendously, overwhelmingly proud of on your website. Don’t water it down or show ‘a little of everything’ in the hope you’ll appeal to everyone: it just doesn’t work like that.
2. Understand what your clients love about what you do and how you do it. Make sure this comes across in all of your communications. So if your clients love your creativity and your down-to-earth approach, there are fonts and colours you can use to communicate this, not to mention the language you choose to use on your website.
3. Think beyond your logo. Create or commission a brand identity that pulls together well-considered fonts, colours, illustrations and pattern to create a cohesive and compelling look for your business.
5. Embrace the power of social media. Bring your brand to life, create real connections and build your tribe.
6. Create thoughtful touches that help you stand out from the crowd. When you send out an estimate for work, fill it with testimonials and photography that have your clients aching to work with you. Think about branded tissue or beautifully printed business cards that create a lasting impression.
7. Use beautiful photography to showcase your work and create that all-important drool factor. And whilst a set of professional photos is a must, it’s also worth improving your own photography skills to create off-the-cuff shots for your social media channels, as well as your own creative enjoyment.
8. Just be you. You’re fabulous. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. You don’t need to do anything outlandish (unless that’s your style). You just need to show the world how talented you are already.
If you’d like to explore this, and a whole lot more in detail, then do join us both for the Branding for Florists workshop on September 13th, where we’ll cover everything you need to know to create a distinctive brand identity for your floristry business!
(Image : Katie Spicer Photography)