Update – 18/10/15 : The workshop is now sold out.
We’re thrilled to be running our next Social Media for Florists workshop on October 20th 2015 at Brixton East in London! If you’re a florist and would like to find your focus, build your floral following and grow your business through social media, then please do join us.
Here are all the details:
Join us for a fun and inspirational workshop away from the demands of your shop or studio and together let’s spend a productive day working on your business and planning for the future.
Packed with practical hints and tips, insider knowledge and game-changing exercises, we cover the absolute essentials of using social media to grow your business. You’ll gain clarity, momentum and discover how to create a strong brand voice that cuts through the noise and opens doors.
You’ll leave with a clear vision of how to make each channel work for your unique business and a set of personalised action points that you can implement immediately. You’ll be inspired, informed and most of all energised to step up your social media presence and grasp the opportunities available to you.
When we first ran our workshops, we were unsure how florists would feel being in the same room as, potentially, some of their competitors. But we realise now that florists love to network with other florists.
So, we’ve spent a lot of time rethinking the whole workshop and can’t wait to share our new teaching format with you. For example, as well as individual exercises, there will also be group discussion to help brainstorm and share ideas.
- 9.15am Registration, tea/coffee and mingling.
- 9.35am Workshop kick off. Introductions and aims for the day.
- 10.00am Focus. Finding your compelling brand voice, captivating your audience, articulating your brand style and setting yourself apart from the crowd.
- 11.00am Mouth-watering elevenses with tea and coffee
- 11.20am Facebook: How to increase engagement; Flowerona’s Fundamental Facebook tips.
- 12.15am Twitter: Using Twitter to network, demonstrate your expertise and raise your profile.
- 12.30am Pinterest: Creating pinnable images; showcasing your style.
- 1.00pm A delicious, nutritious and wholesome two course lunch
- 2.00pm Instagram: The visual way to share your story; best practice, theory and hands-on practical, photography top tips and editing your images.
- 3.00pm Styling your images for Instagram
- 3.30pm Blogging: Blogging basics. Demonstrating your expertise, showcasing your style and captivating your audience.
- 4.00pm Setting your own personal actions; Q&A.
- 4.30pm Wrap up, followed by cocktails and mocktails.
- 6.00pm Close
Your Class Tutors
Rona Wheeldon is the UK’s leading flower writer and founder of the award-winning blog, Flowerona. A trained florist and experienced social media practitioner, Rona is looking forward to helping people gain a real handle on their social media.
Brand and creative consultant Fiona Humberstone is an inspirational and highly practical speaker with a love of flowers. Fiona is renowned for enabling her students to gain clarity and a strong creative vision.
Florists who are in the process of setting up their business, as well as those who are already in business, looking to attract more clients by taking their social media to the next level.
- Clarity and focus on how to portray your floristry business on all the social media platforms.
- Understand what makes you different and how to celebrate it.
- An appreciation of how to build and engage with a tribe of people who love your floristry style.
- How to be more intentional about what you put out on social media.
- An insight into how to use each social media platform properly and effectively.
- Advice on how to create stunning images which reflect your style and brand.
- How to expand your social media presence.
- Gain lots of confidence and masses of inspiration!
Your investment for the day is £345 which includes utterly delicious elevenses and a two course lunch, a goody bag packed with treats hand-picked by Flowerona, oodles of expertise, practical tips and inspiration.
Some Lovely Words from Past Delegates
‘Very inspiring, informative and interesting. A great day with great food, fun company and the opportunity to learn. A good overview of the different social media platforms, plus tips on how to use them. An action plan and the confidence to use social media.’ Nicola Eve, Flowers by Eve
‘Thank you both for such a lovely, inspirational day! It was excellent – very well run, professional, but with a nice, relaxed feel. I’m going to focus on a couple of things to get me going and not be worried about starting up a blog.’ Sarah Williams, The Flower Bird
‘Inspiring, informative, useful, thought-provoking & fun! An insight into areas that had previously ‘scared’ me, especially blogging and Pinterest.’ Nadine Gibbon, Spinney Cottage Flowers
‘Incredibly insightful and beneficial to my business’s future. Filled full of fun and yummy food to top it off! I now feel I know how to engage with my future potential clients and how to target my desired audience.’ Holly Cadogan, Holly Cadogan Flowers
‘Really, really lovely day, thank you very much. You’re both very inspiring women which is amazing..inspirational not only in the social media/flowers world, but also as strong, career driven women! Cat Allison, Mad Lilies
‘If you’re struggling with the deluge and mysteries of social media…how does it work? which is the best platform? etc, etc, then the Flowerona Social Media for Florists workshop is a must! I attended last year’s workshop as a fledgling to social media. I understood its importance but didn’t know where to start. The workshop filled me with confidence and enthusiasm, and comfort in being surrounded by other florists with similar fears and issues. And since attending the workshop, I’ve taken my first wedding booking sourced through Instagram! Rona and Fiona were full of inspiration and individual help too. And if all that wasn’t enough, it’s worth attending just for the lunch and the location!’ Sarah Williams, The Flower Bird
‘Since attending your workshop, we’ve now had five wedding bookings as a direct result of our Instagram account. Without going on your course, I never would have had access to this new audience. Thank you.’ Hazel Shaw, Eden Blooms
Booking your Place
So, do join us and network, gain inspiration, clarity and the expertise to help you grow your business! It’s going to be wonderful day, in the beautiful setting of Brixton East in London, styled by Fiona. And you’ll come away fully energised to really make your social media shine!
To secure your place, simply click on the ‘buy now’ button on the right hand side of this page to pay securely via PayPal. Please click here for the workshop Terms & Conditions.
Prior to the workshop, you’ll receive a comprehensive Planning Workbook, written by Fiona, to help you focus your efforts and ensure you get the very most out of the day.
We look forward to seeing you there!