I hope you had a lovely weekend. If you saw my YouTube video on Saturday, you’ll know all about #floweronadesk, a new initiative starting today. I’m encouraging you to brighten up your workspace with the help of a weekly flower!
On your way into work this morning or in your lunchtime, pop into a florist or visit a flower stall and simply buy one single flower. Place it in a vase on your desk, then take a photo and share it on Instagram or Twitter, with the hashtag #floweronadesk.
5 Clear Glass Vases
I thought, just in case you don’t have a suitable vase, that I’d recommend some clear glass vases, which you could buy:
- Curved Bud Vase – Tesco (as featured in the video)
- Mini Table Vase – LSA International (as featured in the video)
- Glass Vase – H&M
- Rektangel Vase – Ikea
- Recycled Glass Vase – Homebase
5 Benefits of #floweronadesk
And if I’ve not already convinced you, buying a weekly flower for your workspace has the following benefits:
- It will brighten up your desk all week.
- If you buy a fragrant bloom, you’ll get the added bonus of a wonderful scent whilst you work.
- You’ll learn the names of lots of flowers, if you buy a different one each week.
- It’ll be an interesting conversation topic with your colleagues.
- You may even start a trend in your workplace.
It would be SO amazing if you’d like to take part, not only in the UK, but all over the world. I know there are lots of Flowerona readers in the US and Australia. Simply post your photo on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #floweronadesk. I wonder who’ll be the first person to post one..?
P.S. If you don’t have a vase handy today/this week, simply use a glass tumbler from the kitchen, until you get hold of one. Just make sure to clean it well afterwards.