9 Instagram Stories Ideas for florists and flower growers are the focus of this week’s blog post. It’s hard to believe that it’s coming up to five years since the Stories feature was first launched on the platform! Now, they’re the first place many of us check out when we go to Instagram.
If you’re feeling that your Stories need a little refresh, I hope you find my tips below useful:
9 INSTAGRAM STORIES IDEAS
- Share ‘behind the scenes’ photos and videos of when you’re at the flower market, including the unearthly hours that you’re there and how you condition your flowers when you get back to your workspace.
- Take your viewers on a tour around your shop, studio, cutting garden or polytunnel.
- Share floristry tips, such as how your clients should care for their flowers once they get them home.
- Tell them the names and varieties of the flowers, foliage and plants in your Stories to help them improve their knowledge.
- Explain about seasonality. For example, currently in the Northern Hemisphere, peonies are in season.
- Showcase your distinctive floristry style with examples of your beautiful designs, beautifully photographed.
- Illustrate how you can transform a space with your floral creations by sharing before and after photos.
- Give an insight into your personality. Speak, let them hear your voice…either behind or in front of the camera.
- Share your latest news, whether it’s your most recent blog post, a particular flower variety you’ve grown for the very first time or online workshops you’re running.
Ultimately, think about what’s in it for the viewer. How will they benefit from looking at the photos and videos which make up your Instagram Stories?
As with all social media, it’s best to ensure that what you’re posting is educational, informative, useful, problem-solving or inspiring. Keep people wanting to come back for more. Why not actually create a story…with a beginning, a middle and a happy ending? I hope these ideas have helped you.