I hope you had a lovely weekend. Today, I’m delighted to announce the dates of our next Flowerona Workshops! We’ll be running our second Branding for Florists workshop on Tuesday, 13th September 2016 and our fifth Social Media for Florists workshop on Wednesday, 14th September at Brixton East in London!
This blog post will tell you everything you’ll need to know about the Branding for Florists workshop and the next blog post will detail the Social Media for Florists workshop.
BRANDING FOR FLORISTS WORKSHOP | September 13th
Great branding is within the reach of every florist. It’ll help you attract the right clients, communicate with confidence and professionalism, and be first in line for your dream jobs. It’s an essential part of running a successful business. But for many florists, branding can be something that’s shrouded in mystery.
Whether you’re launching a new floristry business, thinking of changing direction or are simply ready to refresh your website, join us for a one day workshop that’ll help you find your focus and up your game.
Here are all the details:
Discover how to :
- Translate your unique floral style into a compelling brand identity.
- Communicate in a way that’s irresistible to your current and prospective clients.
- Do more than look smart and professional: be distinctive.
- Find and work effectively with the right designer for your unique project.
We’ll start the day by looking at the fundamentals of creating a brand identity. Then, we’ll get you focused and help you create an exciting and dynamic vision for your brand. We’ll examine the very best examples of florists’ brand identities, so that you can see how those at the top of their game make it work and how you can apply those very same lessons to your own business.
And whether you have a champagne or lemonade budget, we’ll share some of the tricks of the trade to ensure that you create the very best impression possible. By lunchtime, you’ll have a clear idea of where your brand should be headed and how you’re going to get it there. Expect goose bumps!
After lunch, we focus on the practicalities. Translating your vision into a powerful brand identity. We’ll look at colour, type, pattern and illustration and how you can create a cohesive and compelling look for your business.
Taking time out of your business to plan for the future and set goals is something our students tell us they love about all of our Flowerona workshops. So there will be plenty of time to think big and aim high, whilst also taking away some very tangible ‘to do’s that you can implement immediately.
- 9.15am Registration, tea/coffee and mingling.
- 9.35am Workshop kick off. Introductions, aims for the day and objectives.
- 10.10am Branding for Florists. The absolute essentials of creating a brand identity that’ll win you work; the anatomy of a well styled brand.
- 10.45am Case Study. The Flowerona Rebrand. Translating Rona and her blog into fonts, colours, shapes and patterns that represent her.
- 11.00am Mouth-watering elevenses with tea and coffee.
- 11.20am How to Style your Brand. Translating your floral style into a distinctive brand identity that’ll get your business noticed. Discover how to select fonts, colours and patterns that send out the right signals about your business and prove irresistible to your ideal clients.
- 12.00pm Finding your focus. Understanding your distinctive floral style and translating that across your brand identity.
- 1.00pm A healthy, wholesome and nutritious lunch to give you time to reflect on what you’ve learned this morning and clear your head ready for more learning in the afternoon.
- 2.00pm Practical Mood Boarding Session. An inspirational and creative session that’ll give you an insight into what’s possible. You’ll leave with a mood board that’ll set your focus for your new brand identity and clarity around what design style will work for your business.
- 3.15pm Evaluating what you have right now. What you can retain and work with, and the elements you’ll need to refine and develop.
- 3.45pm Finding and Working with a Designer. Invaluable guidance on how to choose a designer that’ll create a distinctive identity for you and how to work successfully and efficiently with them.
- 4.15pm Your Goals. Time to reflect on what you’ve learned and set yourself some clear actions to ensure you make the very most of your day.
- 4.30pm Cocktails and Mocktails! A very popular end to an inspirational day. A chance to mingle with your fellow students and ask us questions informally before heading home.
- 6.00pm Close
YOUR CLASS TUTORS
Rona Wheeldon is a highly respected floristry industry expert and founder of the multi-award-winning blog, Flowerona. Having undergone a brand transformation herself, Rona knows first-hand the impact a powerful brand can have on your business.
Fiona Humberstone, AKA The Brand Stylist, is the author of the bestselling book ‘How to Style Your Brand’ and works with entrepreneurs to create distinctive and engaging brand identities. Her discerning creative eye, sparkling style and clarity of focus will inspire you to create something truly fabulous for your brand.
Florists who are in the process of setting up their business, as well as those who are already in business, who are thinking of a change in direction or simply ready to refresh their brand.
- A mood board to help you to translate your floristry style into a brand identity which brings you work.
- An invaluable perspective on how effective your current branding and marketing literature are if you have them. Or if you’re starting up, an opportunity to learn from others at the workshop.
- A step-by-step on how to create or commission a brand identity that will bring you the sort of work you dream of.
- A clear understanding of how to find the right designer for your unique project and how to work with them effectively.
- Clarity, confidence and inspiration.
Your investment for the day is £345, which includes utterly delicious elevenses and a two course lunch, a goody bag packed with treats hand-picked by Flowerona, oodles of expertise, practical tips and inspiration.
SOME LOVELY WORDS FROM PAST DELEGATES
“Inspiring, exciting, well thought out and well delivered. Excellent starting point for a rebrand. Encouraged that you can achieve a really professional, stylish image by finding the right designer for you!” Rachel Husband, The Rose Shed
“Inspiring and exciting! Optimism about my brand and a clear vision.” Rebecca Collier, The Bespoke Florist
“Informative, open, inclusive, impassioned and inspiring. Thank you so much! Detailed preparation and creativity very evident. Such a fascinating and thought-provoking insight into colour psychology.” Lynne Bentley
“Inspiring and empowering! The presenter, venue, content and food have motivated me to achieve with the branding of my business. Clear and professional guidance on how to successfully create branding for my business. Thank you!” Billy Esler
“Beautiful, inspiring, exciting – given lots of valuable information which is achievable. Lots and lots of ideas around the meaning of colours and how important it is to get your branding right first, before your website.” Catherine Hampson, Hampson & White Creative Floristry School
“Brilliant. Well organised and so informative. It has made a daunting subject seem achievable. The workshop has given me the confidence to know the questions to ask when arranging a brand identity.” Stephanie Simpson
BOOKING YOUR PLACE
So, whether you’re launching a new floristry business, thinking of changing direction or are simply ready to refresh your brand, join us for this one day workshop that’ll help you find your focus and up your game! It’s going to be wonderful day, in the beautiful setting of Brixton East in London, styled by Fiona.
To secure your place, simply click here to pay securely via PayPal. Places are limited and we anticipate this class selling out. So please book early to avoid disappointment. Please click here for the workshop Terms & Conditions.
Prior to the workshop, you’ll receive a comprehensive How to Style your Brand Workbook, written by Fiona, to help you focus your efforts and ensure you get the very most out of the day. Plus, at the workshop, you’ll be given a Workshop Workbook for your personal notes.
We look forward to seeing you there!
(Images : Katie Spicer)