British cut flowers will be taking centre stage at the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival this coming week! From July 4th-9th, a dedicated flower-filled marquee will host free floral demonstrations and hands-on workshops sharing the beauty of homegrown blooms.
The RHS Flower School with Flowers from the Farm promises to be a spectacular celebration of scented, garden-style British cut flowers grown by over 30 professional flower farmers within 30 miles of the showground. Every single stem of cut flower and foliage in the RHS Flower School has been grown by members of Flowers from the Farm, the not-for-profit membership association championing artisan growers of local, seasonal British cut flowers.
Members of Flowers from the Farm will be showcasing the beauty of British flowers through foam-free, sustainable floral design. Every morning at 11am, visitors can watch floral demonstrations by creative farmer-florists. The morning line-up includes Alice Antcliff from Meadowfolk, Jill Houston of Little Park Flowers, Katie Stone of Featherstone’s English Flower Company, Bex Partridge of Botanical Tales, Camila Klich and Marianne Mogendorff of Wolves Lane Flower Company and Paul and Helen Stickland of Black Shed Flower Farm.
In the afternoons at 2pm, some of the country’s leading florists will be getting creative with the flowers and foliage from Flowers from the Farm members and talking about how British-grown flowers inspire their designs. The florist line-up includes Leigh Chappell, Simon Lycett, Shane Connolly, Rebel Rebel and Alice McCabe.
There will be the chance for visitors to get hands-on and floral for free at 1230H and 1530H every day by creating their own buttonhole or mini posy corsage of British flowers under the guidance of the Flowers from the Farm ambassadors.
The Flowers from the Farm members supporting the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival this year are:
- Amber Partner of Howe Farm Flowers
- Abi Beszant of Ivydene Flowers
- Char Johnston of Char Johnston Floral
- Kat Norbury of Kat’s Cut Flowers
- Nicola Gibbons of Goose in the Greenhouse
- Jess Naish of Lolly & The Hare
- Ann Crombie
- Nicola Hill of Gentle Blooms
- Suzy Cubitt of Garden to Vase
- Rebekah Rixon of Headley Flowers
- Michaela Bunting of English Flowers by Michaela
- James Greig of Stem & Green Flowers
- Donna Selleck of Busy B Blooms
- Louise Murray of Hydons Flowers
- Rachel Collis of The Rockery
- Cindy Harnett
- Deborah Mason of Bramshill Flowers
- Tracey Bridger of Hedgerow & Bloom
- Rachel Baker of Rachel’s Farm Flowers
- Caroline Oden of The Hidden Gate Blooms
- Wendy Rose of The Chalk Rose
- Andy Heslop of The Chobham Flower Garden
- Chloë Eyers of Honesty Flowers
- Tara Wilson of Thistle Cottage Flower Farm
- Rachel Baker of Rachel’s Flower Farm
- Claire Brown of Plantpassion
- Ros Bryar of Bryar Rose
(Image : Left to right – Alice Antcliff from Meadowfolk, Jill Houston of Little Park Flowers, Paul and Helen Stickland of Black Shed Flower Farm, Bex Partridge of Botanical Tales, Camila Klich and Marianne Mogendorff of Wolves Lane Flower Company)
Leave a Reply