What an a-m-a-z-i-ng British Flowers Week 2014 it’s been! I knew we were going to be in for real treat when I saw the photo above in The Telegraph newspaper on Saturday! Each day this week, a different florist created three floral designs using a particular British flower. And there were also flower fact sheets and profiles of the florist each day. Here are the links and some photos of the awe-inspiring floral creations.
Day One – Okishima & Simmonds – Lisianthus
- The British Lisianthus by Okishima & Simmonds
- About the British Lisianthus
- Okishima & Simmonds – A Profile for British Flowers Week
Day Two – Hybrid – Sweet William
- The British Sweet William by Hybrid
- About the British Sweet William
- Hybrid – A Profile for British Flowers Week
Day Three – Simon Lycett – Garden Pink
- The British Garden Pink by Simon Lycett
- Simon Lycett – A Profile for British Flowers Week
- About the British Garden Pink
Day Four – Euphoric Flowers – Flowering Foliage
- British Flowering Foliage by Euphoric Flowers
- About British Flowering Foliage
- Euphoric Flowers – A Profile for British Flowers Week
Day Five – Duncan McCabe at McQueens – Garden Rose
- The British Garden Rose by McQueens
- About The British Garden Rose
- McQueens – A Profile for British Flowers Week
Throughout the week, there’s also been a Photo Competition, with florists sending in their photos of floral designs made using British blooms. Here are links to the three on-line galleries: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. Plus there’s a new British Flowers Chart available, which you can either download from the Market website or buy a poster version.
Huge congratulations to New Covent Garden Flower Market, the incredibly talented florists and the fabulous photographer, Julian Winslow. What a wonderfully successful and inspiring event!