I hope you had a lovely weekend…
I took some time out at the end of last week and at the weekend to unplug from technology, visit the seaside and give my home office a really good ‘sort-out’.
I’d been starting to feel a little bit overloaded with emails and deadlines, plus had paperwork stashed in huge piles on my desk and shelves, and in my cupboard. It was so therapeutic throwing things away and tidying up!
And it was just what I needed. Now I feel very refreshed and inspired to start making plans for Flowerona for 2013.
However, before that, we’ve got Christmas coming up and it’s less than a month away.
So I thought I’d put together some present ideas for flower lovers…whether you’re looking for inspiration for gifts for family and friends, or ideas to put on your own Christmas list!
I love reading floristry books for inspiration and there are lots available. Above are just a few great ones which I highly recommend:
- Flower Arranging by Judith Blacklock
- Cut Flowers by Su Whale
- Flower Arranging by Mark Welford & Stephen Wicks
- The Ultimate Floral Collection by Paula Pryke
For budding florists, there’s some essential kit including:
- Floral scissors (these are special Japanese ones from Fusion Flowers)
- String for tying bouquets
- Floral foam for arrangements
- Goldfish bowl vase…perfect for domed hand-tied bouquets
An alternative present for a flower lover is a floral mug to brighten up their day. Here are some very pretty designs, all available from John Lewis:
- Cath Kidston Royal Rose mug
- McLaggan Smith Wild Flowers Mug
- PiP Studio Chinese Rose Mug
- Emma Bridgewater Sunflower Mug
And last but not least, a selection of floral candles to add a wonderful fragrance to your home :
Plus some florists, like the Real Flower Company, sell annual gift subscriptions of a bouquet every month for a year.
So, I hope today’s blog post has given you some inspiration for Christmas presents.
Tomorrow I’ll be back with my final Poinsettia Christmas table design…
(Images : Amazon, Fusion Flowers, John Lewis)