Discovering Dahlias is the name of the new book by farmer-florist Erin Benzakein from Floret. Featuring more than 350 varieties of this popular bloom in a dazzling range of colours, sizes, and forms, this inspiration-packed guide reveals all the secrets you’ll need for cultivating your own gorgeous dahlias.
Full of expert wisdom and overflowing with hundreds of breathtaking images, Discovering Dahlias really is an essential resource and a must-have for anyone who loves flowers!
Simply click on the first link to read more about Erin’s latest book. Then scroll down for more floristry news and beautiful floral inspiration from around the globe. Enjoy!
- Discovering Dahlias Is Here! A New Book by Erin at Floret
- What Price Flowers! Why So Expensive? via The Florist Magazine
- New Covent Garden Market Supports the Marie Curie Day of Reflection
- Cheery Yellow & Green Editorial With Flowers by Jovial Floral Co
- A Floral Staircase by Twisted Willow Flowers Is Just the Start of This Fairytale Day
- Flowers by Flora & Farfalla at This France Mon Amour Editorial
- Wedding Inspiration With Classic Tones and Flowers by Blooms by Morgan
- Museum Wedding Inspiration Shoot With Flowers by The Petaler Floral Co.
- An All-Star Team of Vendors Create Pastel Magic With Flowers by Wilder Floral Co
- Flower Power? Florist Reveals Why Stopping to Smell the Flowers Really Is Good for Us
- Meet Senior Florist, Lara Richens at McQueens in London
- Spring/Summer 2021 Trend Collection of Flowers & Plants
- Top Tips for Pruning Roses From The Real Flower Co
My Small Business & Me Podcast
Over 500 podcast downloads in Week 1! Thank you SO much to everyone who has downloaded one of my My Small Business & Me episodes.
Launched last Saturday, I’ve been overwhelmed by the amazing response and a huge thanks for all your lovely messages! I’m so pleased you’ve been enjoying my interviews with WordPress Expert & Web Developer Kelly Sparkes, Florist & Author Claire Bowen from Honeysuckle & Hilda and Complementary Health Therapist Helen Jarvis.
New episodes will be live every Tuesday. So look out this coming Tuesday for a wonderful interview with Duncan McCabe. Duncan shares his floristry journey from a small shop in Birmingham to working at McQueens in London, firstly as a teacher in their Flower School and then as their Social Media Manager. He’s now a Freelance Content Creator, as a photographer and videographer.
Duncan shares so much advice on how to portray your floristry brand visually. I’m sure you’ll be massively inspired by his very wise words. To subscribe and listen to my podcast episodes, simply visit my new website. And if you’d like to find out when new episodes are live, sign up here to be notified.
In the Office
The majority of my week has been spent working on my new podcast. But I’ve also been preparing for two online Social Media Training Sessions, which I’ll be hosting for the floristry students at Capel Manor College tomorrow. For the last few years, I’ve visited the college to train the students, but due to the pandemic, we’ve moved it online. And I’m so looking forward to spending time with the students.
P.S. Thank you SO much to Thursd for this lovely post about my new podcast!
(Image: Rona Wheeldon | Flowerona)