Flower: Exploring the World in Bloom, a new book by Phaidon, celebrates the beauty and appeal of flowers throughout art, history, and culture. It takes you on a journey across continents and cultures to discover the endless ways artists and image-makers have used floral motifs throughout history – from art, botanical illustrations, and sculptures to floral arrangements, film stills, and textiles.
Next Thursday 5th November, Shane Connolly will be chairing a virtual panel discussion at The V&A to celebrate the launch of the book. If you’d like to join Shane online, full details can be in the first link below.
- Kristen Griffith-Vanderyacht at Wild Bloom Creates Wedding Flowers for Two Broadway Actors
- Florist Kate From Damson & Vine Floral Design‘s Autumn Micro Wedding
- Flowers by Plain Jane Posy at This Autumnal Beverly Hills Wedding
- Feminine Wedding Inspiration in Provence With Flowers by Lettre a Elise
- Cute Pink Chapel Wedding in Crete With Flowers by Oneiranthi
- Flowers by Moonlight Floral Co at This Last Minute Wedding Inspiration Shoot
- Now Staples in Our Homes, Flowers Have Long Had the Power to Seduce Us
- At Home With Britain’s Most Talented Female Gardeners
This week was Week 2 of my Instagram for Florists online course, where we looked at Grid Content & Planning. It’s been so lovely to answer the students’ queries and also see their wonderful transformations!
I’ve also created a proposal for a client regarding some promotional activity they’re planning for next year. Plus I’ve been drafting next month’s Flowerona newsletter. If you’d like to receive it, simply sign up here. I hope your week’s gone well and that you have a lovely, relaxing Sunday…
P.S. Just in case you missed it, here’s a link to last week’s Floristry Industry Insight.
P.P.S. This beautiful floral design by Angelica Fleurs has been SO popular on my Under The Floral Spell Instagram account! Don’t forget to add the hashtag #underthefloralspell to your floral images too.
(Image: Rona Wheeldon | Flowerona)