Floristry videos are in abundance in this week’s Floristry Industry Insight. And I’m sure, like me, you’ll be wowed by Anna from Swallows & Damsons incredibly beautiful floral installation below!
Video is definitely the way forward, ladies and gentlemen. So, I highly recommend using it to tell your unique floral journey. And you don’t need fancy equipment. My Instagram video, linked to below, of a gorgeous florist shop in London, which I visited during the week was simply taken on my iPhone.
- Inspirational Wedding Shoot with Florals by Gather Design Company
- 15 Gorgeous Bridal Bouquets for Fall
- Regal Irish Wedding Style by Kristine Hayes with Pops of Yellow
- Spring Wedding Flowers by Florabomb Featuring Dogwood Blooms
- Flowers by Celsia Floral in a Sand and Clay Colour Palette
- Desert Wedding Inspiration with Flowers by Janna Brown Design
- Florist Anna Potter Turns a White Room into a Creative Studio with a Flower Wall
- Meet the Creative Duo Behind Worm
- A Florist’s Guide to Orange & Peach Roses
Another busy week in the office, including a visit to my accountant with the paperwork for my accounts and tax return. But when I had to go into London during the week, I managed to pop into a beautiful florist shop in Exmouth Market called Botanique Workshop. Head over to my Instagram Stories Highlights, if you’d like to take a peek inside too!
Talking of Instagram, what a lovely response there was to one of my posts this week, where I asked ‘Who are your favourite florists to follow on Instagram Stories for inspiration?’ Thank you SO much to everyone for all your wonderful comments. Head over to the post if you’d like to see the florists, which followers have recommended.
As mentioned last week, I was going to make a concerted effort with Instagram Stories this week. And I’ve managed to post 4 out of 5 days this week, three of which I was speaking direct to the camera. And yes, I may have done just a few takes (!) before I was happy with posting a clip, but my aim is to encourage you too to show up and help your clients get to know you better.
Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that last Saturday afternoon, to refresh my video-making skills, I attended a free Video Walk with Xanthe Berkeley at Apple’s Covent Garden store. And here’s the result. It’s amazing what you can create with your iPhone!
P.S. Just in case you missed it earlier in the week, here’s a link to Monday’s blog post.
(Image: The Ganeys)