So…it’s New Year’s Eve! In place of my usual Wedding Wednesday blog post, today I’d like to take a look back on the last twelve months and share my highlights with you.
There have been many…but I think the ones which have really stood out are the Rebrand of Flowerona, launching and running our Social Media for Florists workshops, winning Best Wedding Flowers Blog at the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards for the second year running and setting up the Flowerona for Florists Facebook Group. Here are my highlights, month-by month:
- Attended Photography Workshop at West Elm with Emily Quinton
- Went to the National Wedding Show Press Event
- Attended Fashion & Gardens Exhibition Press Event at the Garden Museum
- Went to a Rebecca Louise Law Private View
- Travelled to Copenhagen for a long weekend
- Went to an Insta-Meet at The Medicine Garden
- Attended Wildabout’s Flower Arranging workshop at Heal’s
- Appeared in The Joy of Plants video
- Launched Flowerona for Florists Facebook Group
- Flowerona was Highly Commended at the UK Blog Awards
- Trained floristry students at LeSoCo on Social Media
- Went on holiday to the Lake District
- Went to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Attended Bloggers Event at Designer’s Guild
- Attended Press Event at Loseley Park
- Went to Bridal Afternoon Tea at The Savoy
- Attended Press Event at RHS Wisley
- Ran first Social Media for Florists workshop
- Launched my YouTube channel
- Went to Salcombe on holiday
- Visited the gardens at Glyndebourne
- Attended Flowers@Oxford
- Went to an Edible Flowers workshop at Petersham Nurseries
- Went on holiday to Sardinia
- Attended The Flower Fashion’s Rustic Style Master Class
- Went to Petersham Nurseries Press Event
- Ran second Social Media for Florists workshop
- Won Best Wedding Flowers Blog at the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards
- Went to Hamburg for a Poinsettia Press Event
- Visited Serax in Belgium with a group of florists
- Visited the new Bloomsbury Flowers shop in Ham Yard Village
- Went to see the poppies at the Tower of London
- Launched the new, improved Flowerona
- Went to Flower Council of Holland Press Event
- Was quoted in the Sunday Times
There are lots of people that I’d like to thank for making it such a very special year.
Thank you so much to each and every one of you for reading Flowerona. And thank you too for all your comments, both here and on social media. I still find it a little surreal when I look at the Real Time analysis in Google Analytics and see that people not only in the UK, US and Australia are reading my blog, but also all over the world in countries such as Japan, Russia, Malaysia and Venezuela!
Thank you to all the fabulous florists who attended our Social Media for Florists workshops this year! It was such a pleasure to meet you all and I’ve loved watching your social media journeys progress. A huge thanks to my workshop co-host Fiona Humberstone. Her limitless energy, infectious enthusiasm and astonishing creative attention-to-detail helped to ensure that the workshops not only were launched with great success this year, but also sold out. I’ve so enjoyed working with her this year and can’t wait to see where 2015 takes us.
Many thanks to our sensational chef Maddie Hatton, our wonderful photographers Katie Spicer and Emily Quinton, our very talented videographer Duncan McCabe and lovely intern, Steph Eastwood. And a massive thanks to our generous sponsors…Zest Flowers, Anthropologie, Serax, LSA International, Original Beans, Designers Guild, Jane Means, Rosehip, Cutture, Illumens, Bluebellgray, Kilner, Laura Ashley, Sarah Raven, True Grace, Peach Blossom and Emma Ball.
Not wishing to spill the beans too much…but I have lots of exciting plans for 2015! Next week, I’ll be announcing details of a brand new workshop for florists. So do look out on Flowerona. I’m also planning on developing my YouTube channel, with a new style of video format.
Thank you again for accompanying me on my floral journey this year. And I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!
(Images: Rona Wheeldon | Flowerona & Emily Quinton)