The London Olympics are still very much a focus for all of us here in the UK, especially as Team GB have been totally inspiring with their medal haul.
And it’s lovely to see that so many people are interested in reading about the Victory Bouquets designed for the Games by Jane Packer.
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
On Thursday afternoon, I visited RHS Wisley to capture images of their beautiful flowers for future blog posts.
Listening to…The Collection by Sheena Easton (brought back lots of memories of growing up in the ’80s!) and Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
For the second week running, the most popular blog post this week was ‘Jane Packer’s Victory Bouquet for medal winners at the London Olympics 2012?.
It’s now been viewed over 7,000 times since I wrote it in June.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Flowers from the Farm…A nationwide network of British cut flower growers
- Flowers & Plants website by Interflora
- London Olympics : The Victory Bouquet – Behind the Scenes at Writtle College
- London Olympics : The Victory Bouquet – Key Facts
- London Olympics : The Victory Bouquet – Interview with Gary Wallis, Co-Founder & CEO of Jane Packer Ltd
- London Olympics : The Victory Bouquet – How I made one at Writtle College
- Wedding Flowers Courses taking place in London this autumn…
- Interview with Jacqueline Neave of Jacqueline’s Florist
- Vintage floral-inspired stationery from Claryce Design
Guest blog post
On the Laura Ashley blog, I featured Heavenly Hydrangeas.
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Floral-inspired screen prints by designer Jane Foster’.
Wedding Flowers magazine
The new September/October issue is now out and features my ‘Blooming Lovely’ column.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Dusky country garden wedding via Green Parlour
- Beautiful ‘Summer Games‘ bouquet from Jane Packer Delivered
- Lovely image featuring grape hyacinths via Pinterest
- Beautiful Jane Austen inspired wedding via Green Wedding Shoes
- Gorgeous white wedding blooms from Planet Flowers
- McQueens create a stunning table installation at the Connaught Hotel
- Stunning anemone bouquet in this wedding via Style Me Pretty
- Beautiful pink and red wedding blooms via Naomi Kenton
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend. On Sunday evening, I’ll be glued to the television watching the Closing Ceremony for the London Olympics!
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Jane Packer, Jane Foster)