Olympic fever has started to build up here in the UK this week. And the last seven years since it was first announced that London would be hosting the event seem to have flown by so quickly…
The summer has arrived spectacularly and let’s keep our fingers crossed that it lingers a little while.
Here’s what I’ve been up to…
Out & about
Last Sunday, I went to Momo in London to meet up with members of the London Blogger Group, and drank copious amounts of delicious mint tea.
We had a really lovely afternoon and it was great to meet such very talented ladies and share blogging stories.
Highlights from the rest of the week include:
A mentoring session with the wonderful Kerrie Dorman of The UK’s Affordable Mentors. I know that I need to take Flowerona to the next level revenue-wise and Kerrie helped me analyse potential revenue streams and set goals for fruition next year. I came away from the meeting very inspired…and just need to do a little bit of work now to make everything happen!
Started to compile my next guest blog post for the Laura Ashley blog, which involved taking photos of a neighbour’s stunning and very huge hydrangea bushes.
Had lovely feedback from readers about Flowerona, which I really appreciate… especially when my wi-fi internet connection goes down and I’ve had to decamp to the kitchen table with my laptop…just a little frustrating. Over an hour on the phone to Virgin Media to try and solve the problem, but to no avail. So the upshot is that hopefully I’ll get a new SuperHub next week…and normal service will be resumed!
Visited Garsons Farm in Esher and picked these beautiful sweet peas.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Gypsophila aka Baby’s Breath is back in fashion, especially for wedding flowers’.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Introducing designer, Victoria Lammie of Love Lammie…
- Beautiful pinks being grown on the Scilly Isles…
- A visit to The Medicine Garden in Cobham in Surrey
- Interview with Sabine Schmitt of OnlyRoses
- Floral bicycles on display on roundabouts on the Olympic Cycling Routes
Guest blog post
On the new Sarah Raven blog, Sapphire & Garlic, I featured my first monthly guest blog post ‘Pelargoniums…for an instant burst of colour this summer’.
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful Bouquet Wallpaper by Anna French’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Love this Isabel Garden Mug from Ella Doran
- Inspiration for your wedding day: Hanging Wedding Decorations
- Stunning beach wedding on an island by Wild At Heart
- The Olympic Park planting in pictures via The Telegraph
- Beautiful wedding blooms in shades of pink & including peonies
- A video by McQueens showing how they installed flowers for Wimbledon
- French Garden inspiration in this wedding via Grey Likes
So, I hope you have a lovely Saturday, whatever you’re up to. I’ll be back tomorrow with my new blog post series, ‘Pearls of Wisdom’.