Well, it’s been a real mixed bag weather-wise here in the UK.
I managed to just about escape all the big showers and loved attending the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show this week…which is very near to where I live.
I took the photos of the flowers above via Instagram in the Floral Marquee.
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
A relatively relaxing weekend, with a lovely barbeque at a neighbour’s house on Sunday. Here’s a picture of the home-made pavlova which I took along…
Up very early to go to the Press Day at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show with my garden designer friend Lisa.
Celebrity-wise, I saw Nick Knowles, Julia Kendell, Michael Buerk, John Humphreys and John Hurt.
Here’s Nick and Julia below with Chris Beardshaw on part of the Urban Oasis show feature.
And from the BBC team, I saw Rachel de Thame, Monty Don and Joe Swift. Here’s Rachel below rehearsing her lines in the Swiss Alpine Garden.
Then in the evening, Lisa and I went into London to attend a Stylist Magazine networking event.
I also had a chat with Kate, the Social Media Manager at Laura Ashley. And here’s her blog post from her visit.
One show garden which is proving to be very popular with visitors is The Badger Beer Garden below…
A little bit shattered, I took it easy on Wednesday. Stayed at home and spent the time processing photographs, writing blog posts and dealing with emails.
In the morning, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails, plus sent out my monthly newsletter.
I was delighted to welcome a new advertiser to Flowerona…a company who make beautiful wedding and christening accessories called Lila. I featured them on Flowerona last year and you can see their advert now on the far right hand side of the blog.
In the afternoon, I went to Heal’s on Tottenham Court Road in London to attend their Press Event and discovered some gorgeous new products which they’ll be bringing into their stores this autumn.
A day at home to catch up on the week…writing blog posts and dealing with emails. My day was made when I was sent a link to a lovely blog post written about Flowerona by M& Co.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was my Interview with Wendy Black at The Dorchester.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Macro images from the International Garden Photographer of the Year Competition
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Anoushka Feiler – Best Show Garden
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Paul Hervey-Brookes – Best World of Gardens
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Catherine MacDonald – Best Summer Garden
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Matthew Childs – Best Conceptual Garden
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Nilufer Danis – Best Low Cost High Impact Garden
- RHS Hampton 2012 – The Romance & Roses Marquee
- Garden Flowers : Hydrangeas in all their different forms
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Jack Dunckley – The Italian Job
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Preserving the Community
- RHS Hampton 2012 – Summer Garden – Coastal Drift
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured Beautiful botanical-inspired carpets by Deirdre Dyson.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful vibrant bridal bouquet by April Flowers
- Floral mania is definitely in full bloom at Topshop
- Lovely floral trays from Bluebellgray
- Pale pink peonies & hydrangeas in wedding designs by Planet Flowers
- Gorgeous Wild at Heart Summer Party Floral Masterclass via Laura Ashley
- Peony heaven at this US wedding with floral designs by Splendid Stems
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend…