Well, it’s been a bit un-summery here in the UK over the last seven days, with grey skies, lashing rain and gale force winds, so I’ve been brightening up my week by looking at beautiful flower images…like the one above.
It shows a gorgeous bridal bouquet created by Lauryl Lane following the trend for all things ‘ombre’, with colours graduating in tones.
Out & about
Over the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend, we visited friends in Buckinghamshire.
We managed to find a break in the weather for a lovely walk in the morning in fields full of wildflowers near their home.
Then in the afternoon, we popped in to see our gorgeous nephews…one’s just managed to master riding a bicycle. And the other one’s started to utter his first words, including ‘bruvva’…translated as brother.
In the evening, settled down in front of the TV with a glass of wine and watched the amazing Jubilee concert outside Buckingham Palace.
Went to a Zumba class in the morning. Although a bank holiday here in the UK, I then spent time writing blog posts and dealing with emails. Plus drafted my monthly newsletter.
Wednesday & Thursday
Sent out my newsletter, which included a piece on Simply Flower Arranging using glass bottles. You can read the full newsletter here.
Still trying to catch up with the backlog of emails from Chelsea week, wrote blog posts, processed photos and requested images for magazine articles.
Also logged in to the Blogging Your Way online course which I’m taking part in this month.
Booked train ticket for travelling to the BBC Gardener’s World Live at the NEC in Birmingham next week.
In the morning, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
Then in the afternoon, I travelled to Farnham to visit Evitavonni to meet their owner and head florist. The shop is absolutely beautiful and I’ll be blogging about it soon.
- Rebecca Ferguson’s album, Heaven
- Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – Florist & Young Florist of the Year.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Introducing flower crystalliser, Sarah Hughes of Eat My Flowers
- Book Review of Bella Bouquets by Alicia Schwede
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – NAFAS Exhibit inspired by Monet’s Garden
- Interview with Jo Richards of the Academy of Floristry in Bournemouth
- Styled on-line magazine…dedicated to flowers
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – The Fresh Gardens.
I also wrote a guest blog post for Llustre entitled RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – A Review from Flowerona.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Stunning flower photographs by Annabella Charles via Flirty Fleurs
- Gorgeous wedding flowers…including a tree from BAOD
- Beautiful bouquet including coral peonies from Floret Flower Farm
- Bright bold colours & whimsical bouquets in this wedding flowers shoot
- Beautiful wedding flowers from two weddings by Michael Daigian
- How to make pretty Liberty plant pots by Sania Pell
- Gorgeous blog post about using peonies in your wedding flowers
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend, whatever the weather…