Well, what a week…in a good way! It’s been quite a momentous one.
Here’s what I’ve been up to…
Out & about
Last weekend, my husband Matt and I made the most of the gorgeous sunny weather on Saturday morning and walked up Leith Hill in Surrey.
The hill is the highest point in south east England and on climbing the tower, we could see London. I couldn’t quite believe that we could actually see Wembley Stadium (!) and looking in the other direction, we could see the English Channel.
Afterwards, we went for a walk around the woods and heathland nearby…it was beautiful.
From Monday to Wednesday, I was mostly at home…apart from the occasional visit to the gym.
Then on Thursday, I went to Clifton Nurseries in London for a wonderful gardening talk by Matthew Wilson…all about pruning. I learnt so much and will be blogging about it shortly.
On Friday afternoon, I went to the Designer Wedding Show in Battersea Park in London.
Unfortunately, due to major signalling problems on the train network, I didn’t manage to spend as much time there as I’d like to have done.
But it was so lovely to see all the beautifully decorated florist’s stands…which I’ll be blogging about shortly.
The first image in today’s post was taken on Zita Elze‘s stand, which includes my very favourite ranunculus blooms, plus stems of pretty pink cyclamen.
I highly recommend a visit to the show which is on this weekend, if you’re planning your wedding.
Listening to…Keep Calm & Relax CD & Heart radio
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was yesterday’s…’Some things aren’t meant to be…’
I was totally overwhelmed and extremely touched by all the lovely comments which people made on Flowerona, plus all the tweets on Twitter.
A very big thank you to everyone who commented!
Even though I was very apprehensive about putting out something so personal, rewriting it several times, I’m really pleased that I published it as it resonated with so many people.
My other blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Four Week Career Course at the Tallulah Rose Flower School in Bath
- Introducing artist, Kathe Fraga…
- Interflora launches exclusive Vera Wang Wedding Flowers Collection
- Sonning Flowers at the National Wedding Show
- Jens Jakobsen at the National Wedding Show
- Beautiful English Autumn Collection from The Real Flower Company
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Floral-inspired prints from Renelle Pettitt‘.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Dainty yellow & white wedding flowers by Honey & Poppies
- How to craft an autumnal paper wall decoration by Frances & Francis
- Love this curtain of flowers via Style Me Pretty
- A wonderful installation for Mulberry at Claridges by McQueens
- Lovely fall flower centrepiece & place setting via Design Sponge
- Dreamy flowers in Capri from Simon Lycett
- Colourful floral designs to brighten up your day
- Suspended Wedding Centerpieces & Floral Chandeliers
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend, whatever your plans…
P.S. You may remember that I mentioned in last week’s ‘Flowerona reflects’ that I took part in a radio interview on Brooklands Radio.
If you’d like to listen to the podcast, it’s now live on their website.
Simply scroll down to the ‘Work’ heading and look for 2 Oct 2012 and my name. Then click on the arrow.