I hope you’ve had a great week. Here in the UK, it’s starting to feel as if our ‘summer’ is slowly starting to peter out, and chilly sunny mornings are making an appearance.
Here’s what I’ve been up to…
Out & about
On Monday afternoon, we returned from a lovely ten day holiday down in Devon, which you can read all about in my blog post. It was our first holiday this year and it was great to spend time with friends and family.
Due to the wonders of technology, I was able to schedule all the Flowerona blog posts and tweets before I went…a lot of hard work before the holiday, but well worth it.
This week, I’ve spent most of my time catching up with emails and writing blog posts.
Highlights from the week include:
Lovely comments from readers via emails and Twitter, including:
- ‘I simply love Flowerona! I go on it every time I need a small dose of happiness!‘
- ‘Enjoying my daily Flowerona/floral treat in my inbox.‘
August has seen my highest monthly page views ever, which I’m absolutely thrilled about!
I normally average around 30,000 page views, but this month have achieved over 50,000…due to the blog posts I wrote about the London Olympics 2012 Victory Bouquet.
I’d very much like to thank the Jane Packer team for inviting me to visit Writtle College, meeting Gary Wallis and spending the day with the students.
After the visit, I wrote four blog posts and they, in particular, have been the reason for the increase in readership.
A big thank you too, of course, to all my readers…!
Listening to…Keep Calm & Relax CD, Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘London Olympics 2012 : The Victory Bouquet – Key Facts‘.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- The Art Agency in Esher & their beautiful floral artwork
- Olympics 2012 : The Victory Bouquet : Opportunity to buy the rose bushes
- Oh I do like to be beside the seaside…
- Win tickets to The National Wedding Show at Earls Court & the NEC
- Bouquet for Jessica Ennis created by Campbell’s Flowers
- New floral-inspired ‘Rosie for Autograph’ lingerie collection from M&S
- Interview with Kate Avery of Kate Avery Flowers
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful floral-inspired stationery and homeware from Caroline Gardner.’
On the Sarah Raven blog, Sapphire & Garlic, I featured ‘Dazzling Dahlias‘.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Gorgeous white wedding flowers by Philippa Craddock
- Love this Erdem Irene floral-print silk-sateen dress
- Absolutely beautiful floral designs featuring peonies by Amy Merrick
- ‘Must have’ book… Flower Identification Booklet
- Wedding Flowers Inspiration – Gardenias via Sweet Violet Bride
- Stunning pale pink dahlias via Flowers by Passion
- Lovely packaging…Scented Flower Seeds from The Balcony Gardener
- Beautiful wedding flower designs created by Mood Flowers
So that’s it for this week. I hope you have a lovely restful weekend…
P.S. If you’re in the UK and receive Flowerona blog posts by email, you may have noticed that this week I’ve made a tweak and you’ll now receive the first blog post of each day first thing in the morning, instead of late in the evening that day. Thank you to a lovely friend for her input into this…