Despite the cold, wintery and wet weather we’ve been having in the UK, I hope reading Flowerona has brightened up your week!
Here’s what I’ve been up to…
Out & about
Monday and Tuesday were pretty much ‘stay at home days’ dealing with emails and writing blog posts.
But I did pop out to see my accountant on Monday afternoon to give him all the paperwork he needed to do my accounts and tax return. It was so lovely to hand everything over to him to take care of…
On Wednesday, I was up at 5.45am to go to New Covent Garden Flower Market for a meeting with Helen Evans, who is Head of Communications there. Then afterwards, I met up with florist, Liz from Blue Sky Flowers.
I also bought the stunning pale pink ranunculus (featured in the first image) from Bobby on the Alagar stand, who really made me chuckle when I asked if it was ok to take some photos on my iPhone!
I just love the atmosphere at the market…the traders, even having got up way before the crack of dawn, were all so friendly and helpful.
Thursday and Friday were mainly ‘stay at home’ days again, working on the computer.
Listening to…Woman – The Collection CD & Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was the same as last week….’Beautiful Christmas arrangements from Jane Packer Delivered‘ from last year!
The blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- It’s Flowerona’s 2nd Birthday! Here’s a review of the last 12 months…
- Flowerona Survey 2012
- Introducing photographer, Sue Bishop…
- Wedding Wednesday: Inspiration for Wedding Flowers in May – Lizzie & John
- Beautiful new Christmas collection from florist WildAbout
- Visiting Zita Elze’s beautiful florist shop in Kew : Part 1
- Visiting Zita Elze’s beautiful florist shop in Kew : Part 2
- Christmas Wreath Course at the Zita Elze Flower School
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Jenny Duff Tableware…with floral designs from Gillian Blease’.
Wedding Flowers Magazine
I was delighted to see my first feature appear in the new January/February 2013 issue of Wedding Flowers magazine. It features blogs which are wonderful for wedding flowers inspiration.
Perfect Wedding Magazine
In the January 2013 issue of Perfect Wedding magazine, I’ve written a feature about the best bouquets to suit your dress style.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful wedding flowers at this Melbourne beach shoot
- A ‘how to’ guide to making frozen flower ice bowls
- Floriculture exhibition next year at the Garden Museum
- Pretty wedding flowers created by Fairy Nuff Flowers featuring peonies
- Lovely blog post about ranunculus
- Beautiful lilac & pink wedding flowers by Mary Jane Vaughan
- Gorgeous berry inspired shoot with lots of garden roses
- Stunning English barn wedding with flowers created by The Flower Fairies
- December Market Report from New Covent Garden Flower Market
So I hope you have a lovely weekend…
P.S. Don’t forget that you have just until tomorrow evening to take part in the Flowerona Survey!
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Jenny Duff)