Today is the start of a new blog post series called Flowerona reflects.
I’ll be writing it every Saturday as a review of what’s happened in the week and plan to include things that I’ve done, seen and loved.
Out & about
At the beginning of the week, I met up with my garden designer friend, Lisa Cox, at the Hot House Cafe in the beautiful Medicine Garden in Cobham. We did lots of brainstorming and discussed our 2012 plans, including our monthly Garden Flowers series.
At Garsons Farm in Esher, I had a cup of tea with a lovely lady I’d met at the Covent Garden Academy of Flowers Wedding Flowers course. And whilst I was there, I snapped this beautiful flower on my phone:
This week, I started a Freelance Writing for Newspapers and Magazines course at the City Lit in London. It runs for ten weeks and if the first week is anything to go by, it’s going to be a lot of fun…plus hard work. I have to read three newspapers a day! Think I may need to get up earlier or go to bed later to squeeze everything in…
As for who inspired me this week, it has to be my lovely friend Janan who I met up with for a bite to eat one evening. She founded and now runs a company called Cocorose London making fabulous foldable ballet pumps. It’s really wonderful to watch her business grow from strength to strength!
- Laetitia Maklouf‘s book, The Virgin Gardener
- Sarah Raven’s new catalogue
- New ‘Wedding Roses’ brochure from David Austin Roses
- And lots of newspapers!
- A really good spaghetti Bolognese (that’s what it’s actually called!) from Nigel Slater‘s book, Kitchen Diaries…and will definitely be making it again.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
My interview with Javier Salvador of By Appointment Only Design.
Thank you for your comments on Flowerona and also your tweets on Twitter. Lots of you were blown away by their absolutely stunning floral creations.
Guest blog post
Every Tuesday lunchtime, I write a blog post for Heart Home magazine’s blog. This week’s post showcased the very talented artist, Claire Coles. You may remember that I featured an interview with Claire on Flowerona last summer too?
I often put links on Twitter and retweet links to articles and images that I think my followers will find interesting. However, as not all of my blog readers are on Twitter, I thought Flowerona reflects would be a great place to highlight them too.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful amaryllis, poppy & kumquat arrangement
- Andy Sturgeon working with Cityscaped to create pop-up gardens in 2012
- Beautiful dress made of flowers
- Lovely bridal bouquets via Blush Floral Design
- Beautiful new online wedding magazine, Reverie, is launched
- Stunning bridal bouquet of roses & peonies from Achillea Flowers
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading today’s post. I’d love to read your comments about it…
(Images : kevinjay/Flickr, Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, By Appointment Only Design, Heart Home, in the treehouse)