Here in the UK, the weather has really started warming up this week…and I think we can safely say that spring has finally arrived!
Out & about
Monday & Tuesday
Wrote blog posts, dealt with emails and went to pilates and zumba classes. Finished compiling copy for Wedding Flowers magazine and sent it over with images for my column.
Also received a copy of Fab, a new magazine aimed at women in business and I’m delighted to be featured as a case study.
In the afternoon, I went to my last freelance writing class, where we learnt all about selling our articles.
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails in the morning.
Then in the afternoon, I travelled into Belgravia in London to visit florist Neill Strain‘s amazing Tulipmania event. It was so lovely to meet Neill and I’m planning on blogging about it next week…with lots of images!
The software I use, WordPress, needed updated. He also added my new profile image on the Home page.
Plus, very excitingly, on the About page on Flowerona, Stuart added a sign up box for my newsletter.
Initially, I plan to email it out on a monthly basis and it will contain floral-inspired news.
If you’d like to receive it, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to sign up:
- Click here to go to my About page.
- Scroll down the page until you see: Subscribe to our mailing list.
- Fill in the boxes with your name and email address.
- Click on Sign Up.
- You’ll receive an email titled ‘Flowerona Newsletter: Please Confirm Subscription’.
- Simply click on the ‘Yes, subscribe me to this list’ link.
Picked up some daffodils for £3.00 on my way back from my zumba class and made an arrangement inspired by the Jane Packer demo at the Country Living Spring Fair.
Spent the rest of the day, writing blog posts and dealing with emails.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured New vase ranges from LSA International – Inza and Mezzo.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Inspired by green flowers blog post from Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Stunning pink blossom images by photographer Georgianna Lane
- Wild at Heart Spring Floral Masterclass via Laura Ashley
- A boho themed bridal inspiration shoot set in fields of lavender via Eddie Judd
- Beautiful floral arrangements by Edinburgh-based Planet Flowers
- Paper flower tutorials from Martha Stewart via Decor8
- Stunning floral designs at the Savoy by Emma Lappin and Euphoric Flowers
- Beautiful lily of the valley blog post, with wonderful images by Sania Pell
Thank you to everyone for your lovely tweets this week.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, enjoying the spring sunshine.
And don’t forget that in the UK, the clocks go forward one hour tonight…