It’s the last day in January and so it’s time for Flowerona Reflects. And, oh my…hasn’t it been a busy month! Here’s a snapshot of what I’ve been up to.
Out & About
- Two visits to New Covent Garden Flower Market
- Meeting with Ian Drummond of Indoor Garden Design
- Photography workshop with Emily Quinton at West Elm
- Top Drawer, Home & Craft trade shows
- Meeting with florist Robbie Honey
- Horsley Business Network meeting
- Floristry course at the Flower Academy in Buckinghamshire
- Press Event for the National Wedding Show
- Meeting with Kate, the Social Media Manager, at Laura Ashley
- Visited the new FleuraMetz Cash & Carry in Hanworth
- Meeting with my accountant to finalise my tax return
- Attended Apple 121s to learn how to get the best out of my iMac
- Creative Lunch in Guildford
- Jan & Feb Flower Market Reports & Product Profile Report on tulips
- An article for Wedding Flowers & Accessories magazine
- Two articles for Homemaker magazine
- 31 Flowerona blog posts
In the Office
- Took part in the Eyes Open online photography course
- Tried to get to grips with Lightroom photo software!
- Flowerona Record! : Thank you SO much to everyone who has read Flowerona this month. I’ve had the most monthly traffic ever to my blog and I’m really very grateful to all my readers. Thank you too for all your comments, tweets and Facebook messages.
- Disappearing Emails : This month, I’ve moved from a POP to an IMAP email account, so that my email is synched on my computers and phone. It did mean some downtime however and a few emails disappeared! So, if you’ve sent me an email and not heard back from me, please feel free to send it again.
- Instagram : I’ve been busy on Instagram this month and just thought I’d share a few photos with you from my feed.
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about my month. I’ve had a lovely time and feel very privileged to be involved in the wonderful world of flowers…especially when a very kind flower grower in the Scilly Isles sent me an amazing selection of beautifully scented narcissi. Our house has never smelt so heavenly!
If you’d like to enjoy these pretty blooms which have such a lovely fragrance, why not buy some over the next couple of days to enjoy? They’re the perfect antidote to the weather we’ve been having in the UK recently…and a lovely reminder that spring really is just around the corner.
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona)