The weather here in the UK has been absolutely stunning this week, with wall-to-wall sunshine.
Here’s what I’ve been up to…
On Monday I went to the Press Day for the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. And I took hundreds of photos which I’ve been featuring this week.
It shows what it looks like on the ‘other side of the camera’. I’m in the red linen dress, trying to keep cool as the temperature soared!
Up, bright and early, to go back to the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show to continue taking photos before the gates opened to RHS members.
I also went to a wonderful floristry demo there by the Jane Packer Flowers team, which I plan on featuring shortly.
Wednesday – Friday
The rest of the week was mainly spent editing images, writing blog posts for Flowerona, writing guest blog posts and using social media.
Blog posts this week on Flowerona
My blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Garden Flowers: Scabiosa caucasica…also known as the Pincushion flower
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Jane Packer Flowers Exhibit
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – City of Bath College Exhibit
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Best Show Garden
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Best Summer Garden
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Best L. Cost H. Impact Garden
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Wild at Heart’s Stand
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Celebrity Hen House Auction
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – Academy of Floral Art Exhibit
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Floral-inspired iced wedding cakes from Peggy Porschen‘.
Guest blog posts
New Covent Garden Flower Market
On the New Covent Garden Flower Market blog, I wrote and compiled their Flower Market Report for July.
Garlic & Sapphire
On Sarah Raven’s blog Garlic & Sapphire, I featured ‘Philadelphus…also known as Mock Orange’.
As I still have so much material from RHS Hampton, in place of Flowerona Links tomorrow, I’ll be continuing my coverage from the show.
There is so much to see there. It’s open this weekend and closes on Sunday afternoon.
So if you’re looking for floristry and/or gardening inspiration, I highly recommend a visit.
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Jonathan Hession, Flickr/Tom Brandt)