I hope you’ve had a great week. It’s so lovely to watch spring’s arrival…with trees starting to blossom and daffodils popping up everywhere.
Hubbie’s been away most of this week. So I’ve been working extra long hours catching up on trillions of emails after taking time off last Friday and being out of the office on Monday.
And I’m delighted to say that I finally feel that I’ve caught up in time for the weekend…
Out & about
Stayed at an amazing hotel in the South West to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary and today’s blog post features some images from the lovely flowers there.
Went shopping in Bath on the Saturday and popped into the Mulberry Factory Shop in Shepton Mallet on Sunday.
Fully refreshed…went to a wonderful Styling & Presentation course at the Covent Garden Academy of Flowers. Learnt lots of styling tips for taking images and will be blogging about the course next week.
And here’s a photo of some stunning parrot tulips on display outside the Academy…taken with my iPhone. I uploaded it to Instagram and then put it on Twitter. Love the amazing quality of the image…
Spent the day writing blog posts and dealing with emails. Plus finished off two guest blog posts, which I’ll be able to tell you about soon…
More blog post writing and emails, plus went to my freelance writing course in the afternoon and picked up some tips on attending press conferences.
Here are some more photos from the hotel below. Such a simple way to arrange blooms…in eight green bottles. Perhaps it should have been ten….?
Stage two of tele-training a friend on Twitter and Hootsuite. Drafted copy for Wedding Flowers magazine column. Bought some gorgeous parrot tulips for a friend. Plus wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
More blog post writing and emails, plus nipped out to my pilates class. Thankfully, my mini’s now back from the garage, so I have wheels again…!
- My review copy of Painterly Plants by Clare Foster & Sabina Rüber
- New issue of Florist & Wholesale Buyer
- Fiona Humberstone’s blog posts about her trip last weekend to New York
- New girl band Vanquish – My former Zumba teacher, Holly, is in the band. She’s the one with the blonde hair in this video. And they’ve just announced that they’re supporting Westlife’s tour in May & June. I’m so excited for her…!
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured the Floral-inspired wallpapers from Sanderson’s new ‘Colour for Living’ collection.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Winners of International Garden Photographer of the Year 2012 competition
- Spotted this gorgeous ‘petal-like’ clutch bag in Reiss
- Beautiful ranunculus & tulip wedding bouquet via The Bride’s Cafe
- Spotted these floral-inspired shoes with removal corsage in L.K.Bennett
- Looking for wedding day inspiration? Here’s a great Wedding Blog Directory
- Great blog post about the Zita Elze Flower School via The Ebury Collection
- Stunning cream, pale peach and orange wedding blooms via Jose Villa
- Modern nautical wedding inspiration via Every Last Detail
That’s all for this week. I hope you have a lovely weekend and see you on Monday…
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Lucy Davenport, Sanderson )