Brrrr….what a cold week we’ve had here in the UK! Apart from trying to keep warm, here’s what I’ve been up to…
Out & about
Monday & Tuesday
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails. Also dabbled with Pinterest and found some beautiful images, including the first two in today’s blog post.
Went to my freelance writing course, where I had to pitch five article ideas to my tutor and he chose which one he thought I would be most likely able to sell. Now all I have to do is research and write it by the end of February.
We also looked at preparing for and conducting interviews, which came in very handy the next day!
Wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
- RHS Grow Your Own Flowers by Helen Yemm
- Alicia Keys’s album, The Element of Freedom
- Some more bunches of daffodils to brighten up the kitchen and my office
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
My blog post featuring designs by Mary Katrantzou, which I published in December.
The reason for the post being so popular this week was due to the very kind journalist, Imogen Fox, putting a link to it in her article on The Guardian website, The new rules of winter fashion.
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured Botanical-inspired house number plaques from Tillie Mint, including the one below.
I also had a guest blog post on Wedding magazine’s website, featuring six of my favourite floral finds for weddings, including the designs below:
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Great read for bloggers – interview with Liberty London Girl
- What a wonderful idea? Miniature pothole gardens by The Pothole Gardener
- An article in the Daily Mail – War veteran, 89, has bought his wife flowers every week for 70 years
- Beautiful white and cream bridal flowers via Style Me Pretty
- Lovely blog post about roses for Valentine’s Day via Wild at Heart
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing you on Monday.