Isn’t this image from photographer Jacky Parker stunning? Just what we need to brighten up a wintery Saturday morning.
The weather here in the UK seems to be getting chillier by the day. We even had snow on Wednesday morning!
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
Monday & Tuesday
Monday and Tuesday were mostly ‘stay at home’ days, working on blog posts, dealing with emails and processing images.
I also updated my Advertise page on Flowerona with details of advertising options and stats. And worked on my expenses spreadsheet, sorted out bank statements and lots of other paperwork for my accountant.
It was great to meet Jane and I loved the ribbon flower and ribbon roses she showed us how to make.
I’m now very inspired to put the skills I learnt to use when wrapping up my Christmas presents this year.
Krishanthi and I have known each other for a few years now and it was lovely to catch up with her and hear all her news.
She very kindly gave me some beautiful floral cupcakes, one of which you can see below. They really did look almost too good to eat, but I couldn’t resist…they were delicious!
On Friday, I attended a Christmas Wreath course at Zita Elze…what an amazing day!
I made a wreath purely of foliage for a very natural look and I’ll be blogging about it shortly.
But in the meantime, I wanted to give you a little taste of Zita’s style. Here’s an absolutely stunning wreath which was on sale in her shop…
And here’s a close-up showing the detail with so many different textures. Isn’t it just gorgeous?
Listening to…She Rocks CD & Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
Funnily enough, the most popular blog post this week was one which I wrote last year…’Beautiful Christmas arrangements from Jane Packer Delivered’.
My blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Interview with Scented Narcissi, a group of Isles of Scilly farmers
- Floristry demo by Susan Lapworth from Jane Packer
- 10 Beautiful white wedding bouquets – Part 1
- Interview with florist Mary Jane Vaughan
- Garden Flowers: Salvia involucrata…a burst of pink amongst the autumn leaves
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful Christmas door wreaths to adorn your home’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Top 10 Shrubs for Winter Flower Arranging by Andy McIndoe
- Beautiful pale apricot & pink wedding flowers at this French chateau
- Wonderful video of McQueens creating Claridges’ Christmas tree
- Great radio programme featuring Design & Blogging Trends 2012/3
- Gorgeous pale pink, peach & cream wedding flowers including ranunculus
- Fabulous Christmas table inspiration via One Fab Day
- Dainty pastel wedding blooms in this bridal bouquet
- The most beautiful Ranunculus ever…from Fairy Nuff Flowers
- Brightly coloured wedding flowers at this New Year’s Eve shoot
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading Flowerona reflects today and that you have a lovely weekend….!
(Images : Jacky Parker, Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, The Real Flower Company)