I hope you’ve had a great week. It’s been another busy seven days…
Out & about
Just what I needed to recharge my batteries was a lovely weekend in Bristol staying with friends.
We had a great time and on the Sunday morning visited a nearby National Trust property called Tyntesfield. It has beautiful gardens and the house is steeped in history…well worth a visit.
Wrote blog posts, dealt with emails and processed images.
It was great to meet him as we’d only previously communicated by Twitter and email…and we had some wonderful discussions, particularly those of a floral nature.
Back in the office in the afternoon, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
It was also great to catch up with Helen Evans, Head of Communications at the market, and to see Suzi Hunt from Flowers with a Twist. Suzi and I had studied floristry together at Southwark College and now she runs her own flower shop in Cardiff.
I was at home most of the day working, apart from a visit in the afternoon to an amazing secret wildflower meadow.
Having grown up in the countryside in Devon, I recognised a few of the flowers like red campion, but I’d never heard of yellow rattle before.
Worked late as Matty was out…finishing off the copy and images for a guest blog post on Llustre.
Another day mainly at home…writing blog posts, processing images and dealing with emails. Plus it was Day One of the four-week Blogging Your Way e-course which I’m taking part in.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – Nikki Tibbles of Wild at Heart’s Artisan Retreat.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – The Artisan Gardens
- Summer Wedding Flowers Demonstrations & Workshop at Chatsworth
- Chelsea in Bloom – Beautiful floral designs adorning Chelsea retailers
- Garden Flowers : RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – Plant of the Year Award
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured Beautiful Artisan Retreats by Kaffe Fassett and Orla Kiely at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: a barge perfumed by flowers via The Telegraph
- Perfect for a sunny day…ice lollies filled with edible flowers
- London looking very ready for the Jubilee celebrations this weekend
- Stunning wedding flowers in pale pink & peach tones by Planet Flowers
- Love this ‘Seasonal Guide to Garden Flowers’ tea towel
- Beautiful pastel wedding blooms via Lane Dittoe
So, I hope you have a lovely weekend…and if you’re in the UK, have a wonderful Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend!
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona)