How has your week been?
I’ve had another busy, but very fun, week…and here’s what I’ve been up to.
Out & about
Spent most of the weekend working…catching up on emails and writing blog posts, as I knew that it was going to be very busy at the beginning of the following week.
Also popped to the local garden centre to buy some pretty deep pink geraniums, which I planted in a terracotta trough and placed on the kitchen window sill…to add a bit of colour when we’re sitting at our kitchen table.
In the morning, I wrote blog posts and dealt with emails. Also signed into the Blogging Your Way on-line course which I’m currently attending.
In the afternoon, I went to the Pulse trade show in London on the look-out for floral-inspired creations. And I met up with my sister-in-law who’s thinking of taking a stand at the show next year.
It was great to see so many familiar faces, put faces to names of people I’d previously only sent emails to and also meet some new people.
In the evening, I met up with some neighbours to organise our belated Jubilee party which is taking place tomorrow. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine….or at least a dry day.
In the morning, I went to the Laura Ashley Press Event for Autumn/Winter 2012. They’ve got some beautiful products lined up for next season and I plan to blog about some of them on Monday.
It was lovely to catch up with their Social Media Manager, Kate, and also meet Angel from Vintage Patisserie.
In the afternoon, I caught the train to Birmingham to attend the Press Preview for the BBC Gardeners’ World Live show at the NEC.
We were given a great tour of all the gardens and had the opportunity to take photos before the doors opened the following day. Plus we were able to speak to some of the garden designers.
In the morning, I went to a Cath Kidston Sample Sale in London and also popped into their newly refurbished Marylebone High Street store.
Spent the afternoon processing photographs, writing blog posts and dealing with emails. Plus chased a few contributors for a magazine article.
Logged into Blogging Your Way class and listened to a very inspirational podcast from Holly Becker, which really resonated with me…one of the reasons you may have noticed a few more blog posts this week…
Also, looked into some more of the functionality of Instagram, an app which allows you to take pictures on your iPhone. The rose and peony images in today’s blog post are all taken using my phone.
A whole day spent at home and by working from 6.30am to 10.00pm, I finally (three weeks later!) feel like I’ve caught up with all my emails and correspondence after Chelsea…
Was approached by a company, who I highly regard, to be a guest blogger…will tell you more when I can.
Went to a zumba class in the morning and then in the afternoon, wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
Plus emailed over final copy and images for a magazine column, and logged into Blogging Your Way class.
- Blogging Your Way class notes
- Waitrose weekly newspaper
- Joss Stone’s album, Mind, Body & Soul
- Smooth Radio
- Heart FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was Jane Packer’s Victory Bouquet for medal winners at the London Olympics 2012.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Introducing illustrator, Helen Lang of Wetpaint…
- Wedding Wednesday: Inspiration for Wedding Flowers in June – Nick & Gemma
- BBC Gardeners’ World Live 2012 – Adam Frost’s Show Garden – Best in Show
- Baby Bloom 2012 at New Covent Garden Flower Market
- BBC Gardeners’ World Live 2012 – George’s Marvellous Garden – My Favourite Garden…
- BBC Gardeners’ World Live 2012 – Flowerona’s Pick of the Gardens…
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 – Interflora Stand & Interview with David Ragg
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured Floral-inspired home accessories from Astrid Weigel.
Wedding Flowers Magazine
The new July/August issue is now out and features my ‘Blooming Lovely’ column.
Heart Home Magazine
The new summer issue of Heart Home magazine is now online and features my column.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Beautiful 1700s prairie inspired shoot featuring pink & deep purple blooms
- Pretty pastel flowers for a baby shower via La Maison des Roses
- A gorgeous blog post featuring images of garden flowers via Sania Pell
- Beautiful images of red poppies via Dietlind Wolf
- Stunning anemone image by photographer Jacky Parker
- Red & hot pink wedding flowers in this photoshoot via Always Andri
- Stunning peach and coral wedding blooms by Planet Flowers
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading today’s blog post.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend, whatever you get up to…
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Jane Packer, Astrid Weigel, Heart Home)