Last Saturday evening, we returned from a wonderful week’s holiday in France, which is where the photo above was taken.
It’s the first time this year that I’ve completely switched off from technology…no internet, Twitter or Facebook.
I’m planning on featuring my second blog post about the trip next week, which will be all about the chateau where we stayed.
It’s been a real shock to the system weather-wise being back…last week, we were enjoying temperatures in the high 20s and this week, I’m wrapping up in a winter coat and wearing boots, as autumn as arrived here in earnest.
It’s been a lovely week…lots of trips out of the office, which unfortunately means only a little amount of time to catch up on emails. So, sorry if you’ve emailed me and are still waiting for a reply…I plan to work over the weekend to try and catch up!
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
On Tuesday afternoon, I took the train to Bristol to stay with friends prior to attending one day of the Tallulah Rose Flower School‘s 4 Week Career Course in Bath.
It was a real pleasure to meet Rachel who runs the school and I’ll be blogging about my time there shortly.
You may remember that I featured an interview with Dianne on Flowerona a few months ago. She’s pictured below in the black dress.
On Friday, I went to the National Wedding Show at Earl’s Court in London. The highlight, of course, for me was the Designer Flower Zone…which I’ll be blogging about shortly.
It was also great to see Helen Webster, Group Editor of Perfect Wedding & Wedding Day Venues magazines.
Listening to…Gold by Ella Fitzgerald & Smooth FM
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Gypsophila aka Baby’s Breath is back in fashion, especially for wedding flowers…’
The blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Introducing artist, Jason Davies…
- Escaping to southwest France this autumn…
- Adv. 4 Day Bridal Flowers Course at Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
- Beautiful floral cards from Dipingo Design…The Mimi Collection
- Interview with Arjen Huese of Wealden Flowers
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful floral-inspired products from Rowen & Wren‘.
On Sarah Raven’s blog, Sapphire & Garlic, I featured ‘Sedums…an autumnal treat‘.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Stunning images of ranunculus by Georgianna Lane
- Love this pretty bouquet by The Real Flower Company featuring snowberries
- Enchanting wedding flowers including pink & coral peonies by Bows & Arrows
- Beautiful seasonal bouquet of hydrangeas, roses & clematis by Wild at Heart
- Martine McCutcheon chooses white wedding flowers plus baby blue bouquet
- Gorgeous Wedding Ceremonies via Belle the Magazine
- Love this Multi Scribbly Floral Dress from Mulberry
- Stunning white wedding flowers via Flower Allie
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s ‘Flowerona reflects’ and that you have a lovely Saturday.