Well, it’s been another cold week here in the UK…
But whilst the South East had snow last weekend, there was none in Dorset where I was staying.
Above is a photo that I shot of some dainty snowdrops one morning in the grounds of the beautiful cottage, where we were staying. And if that fence looks familiar, well, the film Tamara Drewe was shot at the property.
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week…
Out & about
Started Fiona Humberstone at Flourish’s wonderful four week on-line Branding Masterclass. Plus wrote blog posts and dealt with emails.
Met up for coffee with fellow blogger, Laura Melberg, who writes the blog Happy Homemaker UK. Laura’s American and is documenting her time over here via her blog.
We met online whilst taking Holly Becker from Decor8’s Blogging Your Way course at the end of 2010 and we meet up now and again to discuss our progress.
Wrote more blog posts and dealt with emails, plus attended writing course.
Delighted to welcome a new advertiser to Flowerona – Simon Fowler and his company, Smile or Frown. His advert now appears on the far right hand side of my blog.
I featured Simon’s stunning flower photography in a blog post last month and here’s one of his images:
Set up a friend on Twitter and gave her an hour’s training over the phone.
Attended the fabulous Designer Wedding Show at Battersea Park in London. It was lovely to see so many familiar faces and meet some new people too. I took lots of photos and will be blogging about the event soon!
In the meantime, below is a preview of the amazing flowers which were on display. This arrangement was created by the very talented By Appointment Only Design team.
The show’s on until Sunday, so if you’re planning a wedding, I’d highly recommend a visit.
- Imelda May’s album, Mayhem
- Heart FM
- Mac’s amazing lip conditioner…perfect for lips in this cold weather!
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
My interview with florist Joe Massie.
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured Floral-inspired ‘Chintz Where?’ collection from Andrew Tanner.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Six ways to display wedding flowers by Vic Brotherson of Scarlet & Violet via Brides magazine
- Great Alan Titchmarsh programme featuring florist Simon Lycett with Victorian/spring blooms & photographer Rachel Warne
- A selection of Valentine’s Day bouquets via The Daily Telegraph
- Gorgeous cream and white wedding flowers via Brides Up North
- How to buy Valentine’s Day flowers by Paula Pryke via The Independent
- Quirky blog post about Valentine’s tulips with secret messages…
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading today’s blog post and that you have a lovely relaxing weekend.
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona, Smile or Frown, Joe Massie, Designed in England)