Floral blooms really were in abundance at the Dior Haute Couture presentation last month, as you can see from the picture above.
Peonies, dahlias, orchids, solidago, carnations, roses and delphiniums were installed in the various rooms by florist Eric Chauvin and his team.
Do take just a few minutes of your day to watch the now very popular video they made, showing you how the flowers were put into place, from start to finish. It’s a wonderful insight…!
Out & about
It’s been another busy seven days…
On Saturday evening, we went to a vintage-themed event at Polesden Lacey, a National Trust property in Surrey. It was wonderful!
Sandy Sparkle sang lots of 1940s songs, including one of my very favourite ones,’At Last’. It prompted me to find my Etta James album and listen to it in the car this week.
Then The Glenn Miller Orchestra played some old favourites. There was lots of toe-tapping and singing along, but unfortunately due to torrential rain, we had to leave before a spitfire flew over at the end of the show…
As well as alchemilla mollis, I bought the wonderful Mexican daisies below. They’re also called Erigeron karvinskianus and I’ve been wanting to buy some since I saw them in Devon last summer.
I just find them so dainty and love how they start off as white flowers and then turn pink! Just need to decide where to put them in the garden now…a job for this weekend.
Highlights from the rest of the week include:
- A visit to The Medicine Garden in Cobham (which I’ll blog about soon).
- A lovely evening spent with local business ladies, enjoying nachos and margaritas.
- Visiting two press shows in London featuring new collections from LSA International and Cath Kidston.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘What are your thoughts on including succulents in wedding flower designs?’
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Flowers by Evitavonni in Farnham
- Introducing artist, Susan Entwistle…
- Interview with Hattie Fox of That Flower Shop
- Summer Garden Party Class at the Interflora Flower School
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Floral-inspired prints from Ruth Green Design‘.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Stunning party flowers by Wild at Heart for a Formula One event
- Beautiful wedding flowers in vintage shades via Style Me Pretty
- Great article about the 50 best blogs in Homes & Antiques magazine
- Hanging bottles wedding inspiration
- Lovely blog post about the Catkin Flowers Cut Flower Workshop
- Absolutely stunning pastel wedding flowers by Sarah Winward
- What a lovely book for children… A Little Guide to Wild Flowers
- Gorgeous wedding blooms in this wedding at Babington House
I hope you have a great weekend. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine, as some of my friends are skydiving for charity on Sunday!