What an amazing week for us here in the UK. The London 2012 Olympics are now in full swing and we’ve started to win a few medals!
And it’s certainly a week I won’t forget…for lots of wonderful reasons…
Flower-wise, this image of scabious above which is in my Instagram album has proved to be very popular.
Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last seven days…
Out & about
Last weekend, we were very fortunate to watch both the women’s and men’s Olympics Cycling Road Races as they whizzed past near where we live…blink and you missed them!
There was a wonderful atmosphere and what really impressed me, apart from the talented cyclists, was how brilliant the Police were…both on foot and on their motorbikes. They were so helpful, chatty and friendly.
Then Wednesday was even more of ‘a day to remember’ with the Olympics Cycling Time Trials. From 11.30am until 4.30pm, Matty and I were glued to the spot on a road near where we live watching both the women and then men speed past. And the crowd was sensational, especially when the British cyclists appeared.
I’m so pleased that even though we weren’t lucky enough to get Olympic tickets, that we were able to witness these races…and I’ll never forget them.
Here are just a few photos. Sky News asked to use the one of Wiggo on the left below on their programme on Thursday morning!
Highlights from the rest of the week include:
Flowerona achieved its highest ever number of page views last month!
Visiting Writtle College near Chelmsford on Friday to see some of the Victory Bouquets for the London 2012 Olympics being made…and making one myself. Meeting Gary Wallis, Jane Packer’s husband, Jane Packer staff, and students and staff at the college. Will be blogging all about it soon…
Receiving some lovely and very complimentary emails from Flowerona readers. You know who you are ladies…thank you so much!
Listening to…new album Keep Calm and Relax and Heart FM.
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Jane Packer’s Victory Bouquet for medal winners at the London Olympics 2012′.
Other blog posts this week on Flowerona :
- Sunflowers – such cheerful & uplifting flowers
- Festival of Flowers at Southwark Cathedral in London
- Stunning floral images created by German stylist, Dietlind Wolf
- Interview with Kerstin Lambert of The Flower Preservation Studio
- Thinking of taking a floristry evening class?
- Garden Flowers : Warm & vibrant Heleniums…
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog, I featured ‘Beautiful floral-inspired finds from Forages’.
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Lovely flowers from Firenza Floral Design…fit for a Queen
- Beautiful white wedding blooms including ranunculus & lily of the valley
- Find out what’s hot this month at New Covent Garden Flower Market
- Vibrant cerise & orange wedding bouquet, including succulents
- Absolutely stunning images of roses from Georgianna Lane
- New ‘Vintage Trinket’ wedding stationery range from In the Treehouse
- Olympic rings in their various forms
So, I hope you’ve had a great week too and have been enjoying the Olympics. I’ll be back tomorrow with Pearls of Wisdom.