It’s as if someone pressed a switch on Monday…summer finished abruptly and autumn has arrived here in the UK.
The cooler temperatures have had me reaching for woollen jumpers and jeans to keep warm. But I’m just about managing to resist putting the heating on…!
I’m now looking forward to bracing walks by the sea in the autumn sunshine, hearty warming food and home-made chocolate brownies with a Sunday afternoon cuppa in front of our wood-burner.
Before, I carry on today’s post, I would like to say a huge ‘THANK YOU’ to everyone who’s voted for me so far in the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards.
I’ve been really touched by all your support and appreciate your encouraging messages. I’ll be keeping my fingers very crossed!
Now, for what I’ve been up to this week…
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Mainly office days…still trying to catch up on all my emails from when I was on holiday (!), writing blog posts and guest blog posts, plus using social media.
I had such a wonderful day on Wednesday. I went to Green and Gorgeous, a cut flower farm in South Oxfordshire to attend their Dahlia Masterclass. The photos of dahlias and verbena bonariensis in today’s post were taken there.
Blog posts this week on Flowerona
My blog posts this week on Flowerona were :
- Garden Flowers: Dahlias…adding a splash of colour to your borders
- Wedding Magazine Blog Awards…Flowerona has been short-listed
- An autumnal Sunday morning at Columbia Road Flower Market
- Floral & event designer Karen Tran is coming to London
- Beautiful floral-inspired paintings & prints by Elaine Pamphilon
- Interview with Eddie Zaratsian of Eddie Zaratsian Custom Florals & Lifestyles
The most popular blog post this week was ‘Lisianthus – often mistaken for a rose or peony’ (again!)
So, I hope you have a lovely Saturday. I’ll be spending time putting away my summer clothes and getting out my winter ones!
What are your plans?
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona)