It’s been just a little bit hectic this week in ‘Flowerona Land’…in a good way! I feel as if my feet have hardly touched the ground.
Anyhow, here’s what I’ve been up to:
Out & about
It was also lovely to meet Tamara Kelly, Shopping Editor at Country Homes & Interiors magazine.
The first image in today’s blog post is of some stunning floral wallpaper which was at the show. It was created by Ying Mu.
Spent a lot of Tuesday catching up on emails and writing blog posts, but managed to squeeze in a lovely lunch with three local business ladies – Elaine, Ching and Annie, who I got to know when I used to run my Virtual PA business.
Went to my weekly meditation class in the morning and in the afternoon, attended my freelance writing course where we looked at interviewing people for articles.
Thursday & Friday
Writing blog posts, dealing with emails, sourcing images for my column in Issue 3 of Heart Home magazine, plus fitted in a pilates class.
- The RHS’s The Garden magazine
- Caro Emerald‘s album, Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor
- Joss Stone‘s album, Mind, Body & Soul
- Heart FM
- Delia’s Braised Meatballs in Goulash Sauce & Melting Chocolate Puddings when some friends came around for dinner
Most popular blog post this week on Flowerona
My interview with florist Robbie Honey.
Guest blog post
On the Heart Home blog this week, I featured Floral-inspired home accessories from Jan Constantine including these beautiful cushions:
Here’s just a selection. Simply click on the purple hyperlink:
- Stunning wedding flowers via Our Labor of Love
- Where to see snowdrops in the UK via NGS
- Whimsical farm wedding with beautiful blooms via Style Me Pretty
- Beautiful blog post about growing hyacinths in bulb holders & bottles by Sania Pell
- Wonderful blog post about floral camouflage from Emily at Atticus and Finch
- Grow your own cut flowers by Sarah Raven
Other flowery finds…
And whilst walking in Bushy Park last Sunday with my hubbie, I spotted these beautiful camellias in the Woodland Gardens.
Next month’s flowery events…
- 3rd Feb : Floristry demonstration by Paula Pryke in Chichester
- 14th Feb : Valentine’s Day!
- 14th & 15th Feb : RHS London Plant & Design Show
- 21st Feb : The Scented Garden workshop at Petersham Nurseries
- 23rd Feb : An evening with David Austin Roses at Fulham Palace Garden Centre
Whilst writing this blog post, I just happened to check my stats and I’m absolutely thrilled to say that this month I’ve had my most page views…ever!
So, thank you so much to all of you for accompanying me on my blogging journey!
Wishing you all a great weekend and see you on Monday. x