Having a consistent aesthetic in your Instagram account is so very important if you’re looking to grow your following on this ever-increasingly popular app.
To give you an idea of what I mean, in this week’s Flowerona Tips blog post, I thought I’d share with you six florists/flower growers who, in my opinion, have absolutely ‘nailed it’, starting off with The Garden Gate Flower Company above.
Now…I’ll be the first to admit, that having a consistent aesthetic is something I’ve r-e-a-l-l-y struggled with…that is, up until very recently. In the past, I’ve felt pressure to post consistently on my Instagram account, which has sometimes meant that I’ve uploaded images in a wide spectrum of colours, shades and styles!
Also, there have been occasions when I’ve been completely blown away by the beauty of a particular flower or bunch of flowers that I’ve wanted to share them, without thinking through if they would fit in with my feed. This has led to a slightly incohesive look. So, I drew a line in the sand a couple of weeks ago and moving forward will be making even more of a concerted effort to have a consistent aesthetic.
Here are my Top Five Tips:
- View your Instagram account as a whole rather than lots of separate images.
- Decide on a aesthetic which aligns with your brand.
- When you’re posting an image, think about how it will look next to your other photos.
- Edit your images in a similar way, for example by using the same filter.
- Resist the urge to post images that won’t fit in with your aesthetic. If you really want to post them, put them on Twitter or Facebook.
I hope you’ve found this week’s post useful. Why not seize the moment and head over to your Instagram account right now and check out your images? Ask yourself…if someone was scrolling through Instagram and came across one of your photos, would they immediately recognise it as one of yours?