I’m absolutely delighted to announce that I now have a column in the UK magazine, ‘Wedding Flowers’! And today’s post features my page above and the front cover too.
Having been an avid reader of the magazine since I started learning floristry back in 2004, I can’t quite believe that I’m now writing for the publication…and my first article appears in their July/August issue which is on sale now.
You may remember that I’ve written about ‘Wedding Flowers’ magazine before in two posts:
- Wedding Flowers magazine…Floral inspiration for brides-to-be
- Kate’s bridal bouquet predictions from Wedding Flowers magazine
Well, a few months ago, the editor, Catherine Westwood, contacted me and asked me whether I’d like a regular page to showcase all my floral finds. It’s been quite a challenge for me to keep quiet about it…but now I’m SO happy to be able to share my news with you!
I’d like to say a very big thank you to Catherine for her lovely introduction to my column in her editor’s piece at the start of the magazine and also thank sub-editor Kerry Boullemier.
Through writing the article, I’ve had an insight into the magazine publishing world and can now see how much hard work the ‘Wedding Flowers’ team put in to creating this wonderful publication. And I’ve had such fun sourcing the stories for the column too…
The July/August issue is brimming with floral inspiration for brides-to-be and florists including articles on :
- Royal Wedding Flowers – Catherine Westwood reveals the ideas behind Kate & William’s wedding blooms.
- Flowergirl Flowers – Wedding bloggers, Charlotte and Rebecca from http://www.rockmywedding.co.uk/ showcase floral inspiration for bridesmaids.
- Notebook – The UK’s top florists showcase a stunning selection of bouquets and tablecentres in white, pink, red, purple and mixed colour schemes.
So, if you’re getting married this year or are a florist looking for inspiration, why not pop into your local newsagent today and pick up a copy of ‘Wedding Flowers’ magazine? It’s the only publication in the UK totally dedicated to wedding flowers.
And if you’re new to my blog and would like to receive my posts via email, simply click here and enter you email address.
Finally, I’d like to thank all the wonderful contributors who I’ve featured for their time and assistance in providing the images for the column.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend…and see you on Monday.
(Images : Rona Wheeldon for Flowerona)