Branding on Instagram is the focus of this week’s video in my new series, Instagram Advice for Florists, on YouTube! We look at what branding is and why it’s important. Plus we look at ways to use your branding to be distinctive on your Profile, Grid, Stories and IGTV.
- Creating customised Highlight cover images for your Profile
- Using brand colours as background colours when writing text in Stories
- Creating cover images for your IGTV videos in your brand colours and fonts
With regards to your branding colours, if you’re still not sure where to start, consider the colour of the ribbon that you’re currently using when gift wrapping bouquets. You could take a sample to your local paint store and ask them to create a paint in the ribbon colour.
You could then buy an A1 mount board, similar to these*, and paint it in your brand colour. Then use the painted mount board as a backdrop when you’re photographing your floral designs for Instagram. This is what I’ve done for each of my brand colours. And you’ll see an example of one of the mount boards in the image at the top of this blog post.
- How to Style Your Brand : Book by Fiona Humberstone, The Brand Stylist* :
- Brand Brilliance : Book by Fiona Humberstone, The Brand Stylist* :
- Online Courses by Fiona Humberstone, The Brand Stylist*
Subscribe to YouTube
I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s episode on Branding on Instagram. If you’d like to subscribe to my YouTube channel to make sure you see the whole Instagram Advice for Florists series of 26 weekly videos, simply click here. Next week, we’ll be taking a look at C for Content.
P.S. Here’s a link to last week’s video which focuses on the Instagram Algorithm, just in case you’ve not already watched it.
DISCLAIMER: Links containing affiliate links are denoted by a ‘*’. This means that if you click on an affiliate link, go through to the retailer and purchase an item, I will receive a small percentage of your purchase.