New fonts are now available for Instagram Stories and the existing fonts have been given a makeover! So, there are now nine fonts in total for you to choose from when creating your Stories. Notice that the fonts no longer appear to have names. But they all have a distinctive style. The way you select them has changed too.
Take a look at all the fonts in this blog post. My advice is then to choose the font which suits your brand best and then keep to it. I’m torn between the second and fourth ones below…
Four brand new fonts are now at your disposal in the Stories part of the Instagram app. And here they are immediately below:
- This sans serif font has an informal, playful style and is a little reminiscent of Comic Sans. The highlight option gives you a brush effect.
- An elegant, italicised serif font with a sophisticated look. The highlight option offers a magazine style look.
- All caps are one of the features of this font, which gives you backgrounds with rounded corners.
- Another serif font, but this time not italicised. Highlight options are also available.
The existing five fonts have had mini-makeovers:
- Classic: A new highlight background with rounded corners.
- Modern: The introduction of a new outline version.
- Neon: Very subtle enhancements…
- Typewriter: Different background options.
- Strong: Now with a new 3D effect option.
HOW TO ACCESS STORIES FONTS
- Make sure that you’re using the most up-to-date version of the Instagram app.
- Go to Stories and select the Aa option at the top of the screen.
- Use the new font selection tool at the bottom of the screen to choose your preferred font style.
- Tap on the A++ icon at the top of the screen to choose the various highlight options.
- To change the font colour, tap on the multi-coloured circle icon, also at the top of the screen.
I hope you enjoy trying out these new Instagram Stories fonts, plus the newly enhanced ones too!
INSTAGRAM FOR FLORISTS ONLINE COURSE
If you’d like to learn more about how to use Instagram to grow your floristry business, I’m planning on running my six week Instagram for Florists Online Course for the third time this autumn! If you’d like to be one of the first to know when registration opens, simply sign up to the waiting list by clicking here.