In today’s post, we’re moving to a more edible type of flower…those that you find adorning cakes.
The very talented lady behind these beautiful creations is Krishanthi Armitt of Cakes by Krishanthi. She is based in Surrey and specialises in bespoke wedding cakes, celebration cakes and cupcakes.
Krishanthi has always been fascinated by baking and decorating cakes, so after having her first child she decided to study courses in cake decorating and sugar flowers. She told me in fact that sugar flowers are now her passion – so much so, that she sometimes visits RHS Wisley for ideas and inspiration.
I can speak from first-hand experience, when I say that not only do Krishanthi’s cakes look amazing, but they also taste absolutely delicious. Recently, I sampled one of her raspberry cupcakes laced with Creme de Framboise and topped with white chocolate ganache…and it was scrumptious!
I love the image above which shows cakes Krishanthi made for a hen party. She actually revealed to me that she got the idea when she was mowing her lawn on a spring day!
Below are some more examples of her creations.
- The idea for these colourful vintage-style cupcakes came from some hand-made pincushions.
- These yellow cupcakes with sugar daisies were made for a birthday last May, when there was definitely a sense of summer in the air.
- A beautiful vintage-style rose in a floral case.
- These cupcakes were made for a celebration with a monochromatic colour scheme.
- A stunning wedding cake design with flowers cascading from the top tier all the way down to the base. Her inspiration came from the bride’s off-the-shoulder wedding dress.
- A beautiful birthday cake decorated with daisies and a cute little bee!
- A very unusual cake, featuring pink hydrangea florets and a bird cage, to bring a vintage slant to the design.
- A beautiful pink wedding cake decorated with sugar flowers.
Having known Krishanthi now for nearly a year, I can very much vouch for her passion to not only make the most delicious cakes, but also the most beautiful ones for her clients. Her designs would certainly be a talking point at any celebration.
Aren’t her designs just beautiful? Do let me know your favourite…
(Images : Krishanthi Armitt)